(GUIDE) How to get Siri0us dictation working without apps crashing!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Hello all,

I am sure you have all heard of Siri0us dictation, and have probably tried it, but then deleted it after you saw that it made apps like YouTube and Safari crash upon touching the search bar. Well I have a fix for that, a fix that will make it completely stable, faster just like Siri Dictation on a 4S. Here is the fix (Make sure you are near a computer that you can boot tethered from) :

1.) Make sure your device is jailbroken
    2.) Make sure iFile is installed from Cydia
    3.) On your device on the Safari browser, go to http://www.mediafire.com/?4kwygwsv38bc177
    4.) Press download, wait a second or two, then when prompted, press open in iFile
    5.) When prompted, select installer
    6.) Install the .deb
    7.) Respring
    8.) Once you have done that, unlock your device, go to the spotlight search, look in the keyboard, and you should see the Siri Dication microphone
    9.) Try a test phrase, see that it works.

If it does not work at this point, it never will. Sorry.

10.) If it does indeed work, go into Cydia>Manage>Packages>Siri0us>Remove

11.) Go into the settings app> General > Reset> Reset All Settings (By doing this, none of your apps or media/data, email accounts, bookmarks or anything like that will be deleted, but all it will do is reset anything that has to do with settings or customization (wallpaper, brightness, passcode etc.) Nothing that you can't put back within 1 minute. After you have done this your phone will reboot and show a loading bar as if you are restoring it. When this is done, it will bring you to the setup screen as if you restored. Just go through it as you normally would, BUT MAKE SURE AT THE END YOU PRESS SET UP AS NEW iPhone OR IT WILL REMOVE YOUR STUFF!!!

12.) Go into the settings and put your settings back the way you like

13.) Reboot tethered again

14.) Go back to http://www.mediafire.com/?4kwygwsv38bc177

15.) Install Siri0us

16.) Respring

17.) Now Siri0us should work fast and not cause anything to crash, and will work with SemiTether too.

Done

2. dnickers macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Safari no longer crashes, however, the dictation doesn't work in Mail, YouTube, and probably others.

It does work in Messages though, and that's great. It's fast too.

Anybody else having the same problem or found a fix?

3. lolkuz1nho macrumors newbie

Thank You

Thank you so much ! I tried this 2 times, and it worked ! Thanks so much !!:):)

4. kokhean macrumors regular

5. sat165 macrumors regular

im on ios 5.0.1, siri0us doesnt crash any actual apps, it just never lets me speak, i press the button and the mic flashes on the screen then goes bak to the keyboard quickly and thats it

shall i give up is siri0us never gonna work ? i tried the method here