Guise, I need serious advice on my aluminum early 2008 MacBook Pro - I'm desperate!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by monoxera, Aug 4, 2009.

1. monoxera macrumors member

First off, I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to open this thread as a new tab on your Safari/Firefox 3 (Don't ask me how I know, I just do)

Also, please don't close this tab once you see the length of this post

Let me introduce you to my story

March 2008, I bought the MacBook Pro aluminum brand new from Apple's US online store using a student discount

I seem to be having white screen issues like overlapping on OS X
    http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/

Play all 3 movies but the EURO RSCG one seems to be glitching the most
    Can you test it out for me?
    Thanks

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Now it's over my warranty date and I'm having issues lately.

My MBP seems to be overheating and doing random reboots on Bootcamp. My temp on average would be around 79 C* which is HOT HOT HOT!

I heard that the 8600M GT were defective and Apple released like a document stating they will extend support even though Apple Care is expired right?

Also I'm in Korea and will live in Korea for about 4 years. I bought this in the US.

Word of advice?

Thanks again guys for taking the time to read this <3

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

Sounds like there is a hardware malfunction and you'll have to have it repaired by either Apple or an authorized repair center. I'm not sure what your options are, given that you are in Korea.

3. cjacks68 macrumors regular

cjacks68

If it is a problem with the 8600, then yes apple will cover it for three years.

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

AppleCare is worldwide coverage, so if you have an Apple certified repair shop around, try them. Japan is also right near by, so you could take a trip over a few days while taking your computer for repairs at an Apple store.;)

80 degrees C is about as hot as your computer should ever get, and even then only under a full load. If you are seeing temperatures hotter than this, your computer needs repairs.

The 8800GT should be able to be repaired for 3 years after purchase, regardless of AppleCare, but only if it is at fault.