Gun debate hits boiling point at Maine restaurant

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 26, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/09/25/gunban/7PRm635cC51nHareSsLY9O/story.html
    her business/her problem.

well that sucks, you can boycott w/o the need to try and bring her down like that.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Hmm, gun nuts responding to a business owner's rights by bringing up Islam...no surprise there.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Actions have consequences. Threats are uncalled for though.

4. appleisking macrumors 6502a

That's the problem. Both sides are so vitriolic and polarized and completely unwilling to be reasonable.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I don't support the threats. or even calling to make fake reservations, if you don't like her rules then don't go there, seems simple enough.
    still love you :D
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2016 ---
    this is Murika , "reasonable" is a nasty word that can be spun in many ways.

6. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

The basic mentality that underlies most interest in concealed carry/open carry is a child-like fear of the outside world. It should not be a surprise that these people also tend to be racist.

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Lol. Every single issue with you falls back to racism.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

white supremacy white supremacy white supremacy white supremacy white supremacy white supremacy , how many times do you say that before and after you post to make yourself feel better? everything & just about everyone is "Racist" to you to one degree or another. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Would you be so kind to provide evidence that people who conceal carry/open carry are racist? Like @vrDrew, you just can't seem to help spewing out this kind of nonsense, can you?

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Are these the same people who want business' 1st amendment rights to be absolute so as to discriminate? The irony.

11. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

"Perhaps you should keep it a Muslim-only zone since they preach the love you adore so much. Then teach your kids to walk among them. Your attitude will change when they start beheading your family.”

Were you surprised by reading that quote? I wasn't.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Is it really that hard to parse what that poster said? It's their irrational fear of "the other" that leads them to cling to guns as if they are under threat day and night or "just in case". That fear tends to be the root of other bigoted aspects of this group.

There is a reason why people displaying the "rebel flag" tend to be NRA/gun owners at the same time.

But hey, that's not being "PC" which the right really can't stand when it comes to their sacred cows.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, you don't have any peer reviewed studies showing that people who conceal carry or open carry are racist? Didn't think so. But, hey, don't let me stop your emotional tirades.

14. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

You know why there are so so few studies in general? Because the NRA lobbies congress to shutdown funding to the CDC for research on this topic. They know they're fighting a losing battle when it comes to any serious firearm studies.

15. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

I think you need to go back and read what I actually wrote. This time, with less "feelings" attached.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Who needs studies? @vrDrew & @bent christian seem to know it all. They certainly aren't ever questioned by you or other liberals on this forum.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

That literally doesn't address my statement at all so nice deflection. Also why bring other people into this? really just shows you have no rebuttal

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm a gun owner and an NRA member. Never once had anything with the Confederate Flag on it. Don't even buy the Southern argument that the Civil War was about States Rights.
    You and the other poster can't project your feelings and thoughts on why people carry. I know of at least 10 people that carry and not a single one of them have ever mentioned the "other"(go ahead and say black that's what you and @bentchristian are alluding to).
    Anecdotal yes, but in my group that I know there's two females, a Mexican, and a black guy. In my case it's preparedness same reason I buy the largest capacity iPhone, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

19. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Maybe not, but you can be counted on as one of the usual suspects when certain issues come up in the forum. Knowing you like to carry guns around in public, I am never surprised by what you write.

I guess you are of the belief that people of color can't be racist and that women can't be misogynists. That is a very naive worldview.

20. daflake, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

daflake macrumors 6502a

Gee, thanks for lumping us all into one little box.

I agree with jkcerda... Her business and she can run it how she sees fit. I'm also not against "Muslims" like some folks here are going off about.

Why is everything in the good ole USA an us or them mentality?

FYI, no confederate flags in my house either. I find them a little offensive as well.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

says the guy using anecdotes and broad brushing people.:rolleyes:

22. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

You can begin leading by example at any time.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I don't think people would explicitly state that they feel unease in the world. So asking them "hey are you carrying because you're afraid" wouldn't get you any useful information. Now responses that allude to "being prepared" or something of that type points to fear. It's that simple, constantly walking around in life as if you're about to be attacked.

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

like some in the BLM and the Femizis?

25. daflake macrumors 6502a

Maybe you should do the same?