Gun pulled on me :(

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by benflick, Sep 19, 2008.

1. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Last Monday, (9-15) Me and a good friend were up at a local shopping center making a BMX video. (If you live near cincinnati, you may know where Glenway avenue is) I was manualing a little stairset and my bike came out from under me, and I fell down. My bike rolled for about 5 feet then it fell over, it stopped around a good 20 feet in front of a Ford Expedition which was traveling around 10-15 MPH. The driver (by himself) thought it was an outrage. The second he stepped out he said "what in the hell do you think your doing?" I replied nicely and said "sorry sir, it was an accident." Well appearantly my words were not enough for him, so he proceeded to scream at me saying "I don't care if it was an accident, you're going to pay for this!" I said to him, "well no damage was done, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience." I got on my bike and me and my friend started to ride away. I happened to turn around and saw that he was running to his car, where he got in and sped towards us. After my friend and I chanted back and fourth to each-other "son of a bitch" he was right behind us, screaming cusre-words at us. We stopped and he got out of his car, ran up to us and there I saw it, a pistol under his Hoodie in his hand. I can not even explain to you the emotions that I felt in that very moment. And he said "see, I told you-you were going to pay for this" I pleaded with him for a few seconds, when he said "your lucky I don't blow your f*cking brains out right now" He got back into his vehicle, and sped off.

If this or something like this has happened to you, please tell

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

holy sh*t

id report him to the cops. did you get his licesne plate?

3. benflick thread starter macrumors 68020

benflick

Well, after he drove off, i pulled out my iPhone to try to take a picture where i had to wait for ten seconds for my camera to load. damn 2.0:mad:

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wow.

Thankfully I've never had a gun pointed at me, don't think I've even seen one. Phew!

5. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Always got to be on the lookout for crazies. We've got all kinds of 'em in Chicago.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

never seen a gun in person? wow just kind of amazed in some differences between countries

7. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I hear there are crazy high amounts of stabbings in the UK though. Although I do try hard to get neither stabbed or shot. :D

8. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I can't even begin to imagine the fear that guy instilled in you. That's really horrible.

I'm not intending to turn this into a political discussion, but I think with the current state of gun laws in America, this kind of incident wouldn't be too uncommon. People turn the privilege of owning a gun into a right, and then go and abuse it.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol id hope so

i try to avoid those types of situations as best i can. in fact i have been thinking about carrying a "dummy" wallet with like 10 bucks in it just in case i do get mugged ever and they think i just have the one lol

got the idea for ski passes as if you get in trouble, they take your pass. what i do is carry last years as a dummy pass (they are identicale with no year info on them) just in case they confiscate it lol as i would then have the real one still to use

10. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I'm tip-toeing around the political aspect too, when I say this..but..

We've found that here in Chicago, if someone wants a gun, they'll get it. If that dude in the expedition was the seedy, illegal business type, he may have not had that gun with papers.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Never seen a knife out on the streets either. Must live in the nice part of town (or the world :p).

12. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I had someone point a .22 at me before semi-seriously, but nothing that would come close to what you had there. I don't how I'd react to something like that, tbh

Good grief people really are crazy. Seems like they're getting nuttier and nuttier with every year that passes..

13. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

That's Nothing. I've been shot at while just driving down the street in Flint. Thank God I was in my car and speeding. Needless to say, I learned not to go back to that neighborhood again.

We need to reopen the nuthouses, so the crazy can go there instead of jail, legalize drugs, so the drug users are released from jail, then but chuckle heads like this in there.

TEG

14. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Mmmhmm, to you hear bullets whizzing by your head... That's life changing... Plus you do learn quick, avoid that part of town at all costs.

15. James17 macrumors 6502

Never seen a gun or knife in person, I live in Scotland which is not were the high level of knife crime is evident, I believe that is in London. Your experience sounds terrible. 10 seconds on 2.0? Mines loaded faster than that.

16. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I live in Portugal and I've never seen a gun. But two friends of mine were robbed at gun point near were I lived, and that's supposed to be a safe neighbourhood.

17. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

That's appaling. Some people really need to think about what they are doing.

Thankfully I've never had to experience anything like this at all. But I am in Australia.

I'm a proud Aussie and can't say I'm a fan of America's gun laws, however I'm sure in the right situation they are useful i.e defense from nutcases like this guy.

18. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

That is illegal. It's called brandishing a weapon. If he has a concealed handgun license, the police will revoke it and take his guns. If he does not have a license then he is in *serious* trouble for carrying without a permit. He'll go to prison.

I didn't read all the responses, but if you got his license plate and if you have the balls, I'd call the police and tell them what happened.

19. benflick thread starter macrumors 68020

benflick

I tried to get the plate number but got no avail. I haven't told anybody, not even my parents or friends (besides the friend who it happened with) We swore we would take it to our graves.

20. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Why? You didn't do anything wrong. We have to stand up to people like that. The police can't do it all. But I understand you not wanting to get your patents involved, I wouldn't either.

21. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Oh .. what a tough guy ... pulling a gun on a kid :rolleyes:

The guys a looser!!!

REALLY glad that you didn't get hurt.

Cheers.

22. benflick thread starter macrumors 68020

benflick

The police were not involved, either. the way i see it is that I was extremely lucky to escape and not have been shot. I am wiery of telling my parents because i think their trust in me that i am safe when i'm out will go down. I may tell my father eventually as sort of a "did you know that" kinda thing.
    It's been a bad week, The 80 MPH winds near my area have knocked down many trees and My dad still has no electric almost a week later, my mom has four symptoms of ovarian cancer which she (and I) are very worred about. I was in an automobile accident last week that I can't remember at all.

23. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Damn. And I thought I had a bad week. Hang in there. Your twenties will be a blast, but after that life will begin to suck again. Just being honest.

Take care.

24. benflick thread starter macrumors 68020

benflick

Thank you, :)

25. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

Actually, it is called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Privileges.

Bill of Rights

I would most definitely call the cops. We have a right to own guns but not the right to brandish them like that.