Gun shop found liable in shooting of two Milwaukee police officers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 13, 2015.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This should be interesting.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gun-shop-found-liable-in-shooting-of-two-milwaukee-police-officers/

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

This case seems like it would be tough to win.

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

This is reminiscent of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, who was shot by guns lost during Eric Holder's DOJ failed Fast and Furious operation that lost track of ~2,000 guns. The AG repeated claims of ignorance about it.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Good hopefully we see more gun shops held accountable for doing little to nothing about straw purchases even when it is obvious that is what is happening.

5. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Very much agree with the verdict, based on what little I've read.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

How does a person differ in their appearance when they are buying a gun for themselves vs. someone else? The lawsuit should be against the straw purchaser and he should be locked up for life or executed.

7. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

So someone lies on the 4473 and it's the store owner's fault? LOL

8. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

He sold a gun to to man buying a gun for an " under aged" man that used a overage stranger to buy it with the kid standing with him, the straw mam sale then happened with the two left the store.

9. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I'll just go ahead and assume you aren't in the pro-life camp...

10. samiwas macrumors 65816

The quote in the OP is a little unclear, but it sounds like the surveillance video showed the kid handing the purchaser the money to buy the gun for him right there in the store. If so, and the store owner saw this deal going on, he absolutely bears responsibility.

I'm also curious about 537 guns used in crime being tracked back to this one store.

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Did you read the article in the OP? In this case the gun shop owner would have to be a complete idiot to not figure out that the person was making a straw purchase.

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

A lot of my friends and family can't really figure me out too well and it drives them crazy.

I can't self-identify as conservative because I am all for gay rights, abortion, freedom of expression, funding for space programs, arts, colleges and universities, and I believe that climate change is man made, caused by CO2, reversible, and will change the planet for the worse within a century. I am a strong agnostic and I am certain that this nation is better off secular everywhere but inside churches and private homes. I think trucknuts are retarded and NASCAR is for inbreeds. I think the South losing is the best thing that ever happened in US history.

I can't self-identify as a liberal because I oppose entitlement programs, affirmative action, gun control, progressive taxation, the welfare state, the expansion of federal power, judicial activism, and cultural relativism. I think the death penalty is a deterrent and red meat is delicious. I think women who hate men aren't pioneers, they're just bitches, and that there is nothing noble or soulful about being poor. I don't think anyone in Congress knows what’s best for me, that smoking in bars makes shooting pool more challenging, and that fur coats are pimp as hell.

13. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I was able to respect everything until the fur coats part. That's not cool man.

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

That's assuming you have a security company or employees at the store watching the surveillance cameras real time.

15. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

IMO, that is the smoking gun in this case. A few guns is understandable--nay, expected. But anything over 100 would be cause for suspicion. Over 500 in a single year? That ain't a just bit of paperwork mishap.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    PREACH IT, BROTHER!

It's weird thinking about, but the usual bevy or what I call Redneck Sports, such as NASCAR and truck mudding? From a technical perspective, it's impressive. Modding up and driving a truck to drive through 4 feet of mud, then going up a near 90 degree rock cliff takes some know-how to achieve. Same with NASCAR. Keeping a car going 200 MPH for hours on end without losing control is a skill.

But DAMN are they boring to watch.

Me personally, I'm all about some Rally. I never understood why it never caught on down here, because it's cars going REAL FAST down mountains and curvy dirt roads. Why do we not love this?

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Gotta admit he looks fly as hell though.

[​IMG]

18. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You could pull off the same look without torturing animals and killing them just for fur while disposing of the rest of them.

19. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Because dirt blowing in your Budweiser sucks when your standing on the sideline watching the race. Put some of them out too far in the country and suddenly they get the urge to start hunting something. You won't have enough spectators. It's like a switch that is thrown subconsciously in those folks once they get out there too far. Their attention turns to shotguns and killing anything with fur or feathers.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    They need to learn to deal with it, because we're too willing to trade this...

For this...

It don't make NO damn sense! :mad:

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So if they ate them after they took the fur, you're good with it?

22. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

And didn't torture them in the killing process? Then yes, I am.

23. samiwas macrumors 65816

Or, you know the guy selling the gun is standing right there while they're doing it, or even agrees to do it.

24. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I will never understand rednecks.

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

"We don't need new laws, we just need to enforce the ones on the books."

to

"Stop enforcing the laws on the books against gun shops!"