Gun-Toting Women Give Rise To Firearms Fashion Accessories

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 28, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/27/464571529/gun-toting-women-give-rise-to-firearms-fashion-accessories

women are obviously smarter than men , glad to see many women enter the sport & exercise their rights.

2. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I just showed this to my wife and she laughed before saying 'god Americans are scary' lol.

3. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

So that means you won't be travelling to the states any time soon right??

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I have no plans to no.
    My brother lives in Florida and runs a successful business. We keep getting invited out there but having visited the States on several occasions I feel our money is best spent exploring other countries.

5. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Concealed Carry is a sport now?

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

And your brothers opinion is fine as well as yours..the last time I was in Egypt they didn;t want to let me leave it took the pull of the German embassy to let me leave...I won't go there again anytime soon

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I think it refers to the target shooting, although I wouldn't be surprised either way.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

guess you stopped reading at "sport", you missed "& exercise their rights" . but to be fair, yes in IDPA you do start from concealment. so a "sport" would qualify there.

9. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I'd argue that concealed carry isn't a right though I know I'd be arguing against the SC.

TBH I really don't want everyone and their sister carrying a gun

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

My brother is ex-Army and I believe qualifies to buy a firearm but feels he's shot enough guns already in his life. Some of his Yankee friends think he is mental for not arming himself.

I wasn't too impressed with Egypt either and doubt i'll visit again. I loved Jordan and Israel though.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

crazy stories come from FL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    but I do support his right to live his life as he sees fit.

13. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I'm ex-Army and believe that most trendy guns are highly over rated. That doesn't mean I'll deny hipster guns that want them I just want them to think clearly. The problem with UK gun laws is it's mass punishment for limited offence like the army.

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

on in America do people need to carry guns to exercise their right to bear arms and protect themselves from the right bear arms.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I think criminals have forfeited their rights to bear arms legally ;)

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sorry honey, that holster makes your ass look big.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I would NOT say that even if she was unarmed :p

18. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

it is the easy access to guns that have made armed criminals. it also made it easy for the guy guy when he gets mad or goes not to be able to sue a gun to make others suffer. the second amendment Has made it easy for criminals to get guns. face it You are as much responsible for easy gun access as any other gun nut.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes, and easy access to pot/meth/coke makes for drug users, face it You are as much responsible for easy drug access as any other drug user. :rolleyes:

20. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

You can own guns here if you want to. You can obtain a shot gun license or own air weapons without a license. Other small calibre guns are legal but you do need to pass quite strict checks before being considered for a license. I would find it difficult to get a shot gun license unless I was a member of a club considering I am not a farmer or pest controller.

You say it's a mass punishment but it's not really as there are very few guns in circulation any way. Even when handguns were legal to acquire up until the mid to late 1990's, very few people owned them. That's probably because there just isn't the need nor the interest in firearms here.

21. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Well that is obvious. The more drugs in your community, the more people they are likely to attract. The wouldn't be classified as addictive if that was not the case. This is why there is a constant fight to keep drugs off the streets in any country. Contrast that to easy access to guns and in certain cultures you will have more people buying them. If guns are easier to obtain than drugs then they are also easier to obtain by criminals.

22. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

You know I'm a selfless git....I'm simply not special I've been shooting guns since I was seven years old, NSWU father taught me how to shoot and taught me self control. I taught my decidedly not special warfare soldiers self control and my team and squad won awards for "slow is smooth, smooth is fast". The end state though is that I'm simply nothing special no more special than any of my countryman the government can't give me special privileges. There are more vets here than you can imagine you cannot in good faith grant me rights that you are unwilling to grant JK. I'm a big boy I own many guns (15), they're all kept in a secured, monitored arms room, my home is protected by a Louisville slugger because I've had the training to defend myself no matter. I won't refuse a man the right to defend himself and his family how he see's fit...

TL;DR

I think I'm a big ***** bad a$$ and will defend myself and kin with some hickory and I will not judge those that use a gun nor will I take that right away.

TLDR v2 I'm a Lib who thinks that the government should take care of stuff and my hedge against them is my guns and my training provided by them. I not sh*t want to leave folks alone to do what they feel is right but I also no sh*t want to be left the f*ck alone. You let me hang out with my wife and daughter, drive my Jeep, hang out in the woods, and hunt some deer I'll be A OK

23. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Making drugs legal is what has made them be on the streets profit. How would I have anything to do with meth and coke and such.? my wife only uses legal pot cbd pot that she has a medical card for. But you have made drug runners armed.

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you mean those who buy drugs have made drug runners armed.

25. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I bet in a few years we will have a plethora of stories of wives shooting their husbands in the future! ;)