GUNMAN SEEN POINTING GUN AT PHILADELPHIA COP CAR IN AMBUSH

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 8, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://abc7.com/news/gunman-seen-pointing-gun-at-philadelphia-cop-car-in-ambush/1151418/

glad the cop survived and the gunman is arrested.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

How is it they were able to apprehend this guy alive after he took 13 shots at the officer, yet 5 of them can't contain an unarmed homeless man without killing him?

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Edward Archer, not a middle eastern guy, likely converted to the religion of peace, might be schizo.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016 ---
    For sure this guy deserved to get popped in the grape. This is a time when we want cops to unload on a fella and they turtled away.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

the guy was shot, the cop returned fire hitting the criminal 3 times.

6. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Clearly, it'll be interesting to see how he obtained the gun. If you're white it's a virtual guarantee, regardless of mental state.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Really don't think being black, white, brown, yellow, ect has anything to do with it.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

had to fish for it
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/01/edwar...ct-terrorist-isis-islam-yeadon-facebook-page/
    does sound like the guy is nuts.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Not sure what to do with the mentally ill angle. Attempting to stop it is a tricky scenario. How? What's the threshold? Part of the problem is having and honest discussion about it. The NRA would give a gun to a ANYONE as long as they aren't a felon. They'd hand a gun to a 92yr old with Alzheimer's and use him as a poster boy for 2nd amendment rights. "You never know when someone is going to come and steal his bedpan". There are privacy rights and HIPAA laws to contend with. I honestly think and I'm sure someone will have an issue with this, we need to stop being so sensitive and worrying about "stigma". If someone is ****ed in the head, lets not keep treating them on some guys couch for 45min a week while we try any number of drugs to see what will reduced the thoughts the person is having of killing his mother and cat. COMMIT THEM!

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Gun was stolen from the police. Reported stolen in 2013 I think they said on the news.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016 ---
    Oh, he was also shot in the name of Islam. So... stolen gun, Islamic terror shooting, ...if this happened in front of an abortion clinic we would have hit the PRSI trifecta.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

well the POTUS just used EO to get around HIPAA. there are many levels of ****ed in the head so I am not sure committing them is the right answer, for sure they should NOT be allowed to legally arm themselves depending on the level of crazy they have, I do see less people seeking voluntary help due to the fears of losing their rights. I understand what you say when you mention killing the mother, but we ALL KNOW the ****ing cat deserves to die.*******looks into the horizon while fantasizing killing all cats*******

12. BoxerGT2.5, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm not saying commit the kid on zoloft because he has no friends on PSN and no one will invite him into a clan. But clearly their are some people out there who a fit for a straitjacket and are allowed to roam around while they undergo outpatient therapy. The hard part like you said is there are various degrees, so what's the trigger? Depressed guy who's had thoughts of suicide? The problem is the gun lobby will rile up the troops and claim doctors and hospitals are "in on" the governments take over of their guns. It's impossible to have a honest debate about the issue with them constantly going full on "hair on fire" bat **** crazy when anyone throws and idea out on how to make the country safer.

13. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

There's only been 90,000 gun deaths since Sandy Hook, why does Obama hate America by trying to discuss it.

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

1. you assume they are getting treatment at all.
    2. forget the gun lobby for a minute, if parents don't take precious in who the hell will?
    3. people might fear DRs playing it safe and sticking it to your rights if all you wanted was to talk to someone because you were depressed.

there are no easy answers here.

15. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He probably hates the fact that there are so many reason people are off'ing themselves to the tune of 42k+ per year. He probably also hates the fact that society and especially innner city/urban areas are riddled with turds that are worthless in our society and cause so much of the crime and deaths.

Perhaps someday he'll wake up and begin to lecture them about being responsible, productive contributing citizens vs trying to lecture law abiding gun owners.

In the end though he knows the real stats on gun murders outside hood rats and trailer trash are quite low. It's all really just a political show and tears are for good measure.

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

This must be the same story.

Suspect 'Tried to Execute' Philly Police Officer in Name of Islam: Police

Perp has a lengthy criminal record. Probably a prison convert, the penitentiary is full of them. For some reason, incarcerated thieves, rapists, and murderers are drawn to Islam. Can't imagine why.

17. BoxerGT2.5, Jan 8, 2016

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

1. That is an assumption simply because anytime some nut case does anything we immediately hear red flag after red flag popping up. Then we all look at each other like we just saw some trippy ****, wondering how that person got the gun in the first place with all that crazy goin' on.
    2. Parents have to step up.
    3. Much like child abuse that by law must be reported, the courts are there to figure it out.

18. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Tears were for the kids. While many of you guys couldn't care less how many die needlessly and would rather laugh at the president than acknowledge the real problem, those deaths were/are 100% preventable.

19. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I gather the gunman wasn't a Syrian refugee....

In any case, I hope the officer recovers quickly and they make sure the gunman is not allowed on the streets again.

20. pdqgp, Jan 8, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I have many times acknowledged the real problems. It's well beyond time Obama begins to do that. He won't though as that would involved distancing his voter base :rolleyes:

Instead he'll create a distraction, mislead many and ignore the real problems while providing the scum bag worthless people who need to be held accountable and man-up to fixing their own neighborhoods and actually become real parents hall-passes. Until then their own kids will continue killing each other. Sorry, I don't cry for those that won't help themselves.

It will be interesting to see if Obama comments or better yet sheds tears for the Cop in Philly shot in the name of Islam.

21. VulchR, Jan 8, 2016

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Removed snarky comment becuase I was reacting to a typo. :oops:

22. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I meant those who WON'T help themselves. Sorry. Tapatalk bs....

fixed.

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Truly sorry for my post then. Please accept my apologies.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because it's anti-establishment.

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He'a s worthless turd that should have been put down long ago. Anyone with a lengthy criminal record that we let continue to walk among the contributing and productive law abiding public is our own fault. Murderers and rapists should be put down like the dogs they are. Move on and put resources and worries towards things that actually matter....not scum bags.