'GunMeggedon

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/04/21/gunmeggedon-opponents-new-california-gun-control-measures
The proposals include restrictions on homemade guns, retroactive bans on grandfathered firearms and magazines, outlawing the use of ammunition magazines that can be detached with the press of a button, founding a state-run Firearm Violence Research Center, changing how California defines "assault weapons" and "ammunition" and requiring the reporting of stolen guns, according to The Sacramento Bee.
this is why many say
"not one more inch"

donating to the NRA.

Reactions: Praxis91

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Gourd City
First, it should GunMageddon, both because Armageddon has two d's and one g, and because Mag then appears in the middle (as in "magazine" (but not clip)).

Second, "ArmsMageddon" would have been funnier all around.

Reactions: jkcerda

Limey77

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2010
Based on reading the actual bills (rather than the inflammatory headlines), I can see very little to disagree with.

I suggest anyone interested in intellectual honesty read the bills.

Limey77

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2010
well, what did you disagree with?
Basically very little.

Perhaps the restrictions on homemade weapons are a touch too much. As long as a unique serial number is stamped on each receiver and there is a strict liability (as in the legal term) on those receivers then having to go through a formal recognition process could be overly onerous. But that would require a registered list, which I know you'll hate.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Basically very little.

Perhaps the restrictions on homemade weapons are a touch too much. As long as a unique serial number is stamped on each receiver and there is a strict liability (as in the legal term) on those receivers then having to go through a formal recognition process could be overly onerous. But that would require a registered list, which I know you'll hate.
So I'm supposed to get rid of ARs that I already legally own?

Limey77

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2010
So I'm supposed to get rid of ARs that I already legally own?
No, not at all. Where does this legislation require that???

You may have to modify them to meet new requirements but nobody is claiming you have to give anything up.

But please show me the part of the bill that requires you to "get rid of the ARs you already legally own".

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
Ban button release for magazine?? So what if the magazine just clips in place? Seems like another law that simply changes gun design and makes things difficult for folks who have weapons now illegal or if grandfathered (not likely from other provisions) that they want to sell.

Reactions: Meister

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
I always wondered how states can infringe on something that cannot be infringed upon.
A state cannot overturn the 2nd Amendment, though that fact won't keep them from trying.

It will require money to fight this in court, ultimately requiring a Supreme Court decision - another reason the makeup of the highest court in the land is critical.

Praxis91

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
I always wondered how guys could be all "States' rights!!!" until that state does something they don't like, and they start whining about it.
I can understand if it's a 10th Amendment issue, but the Bill of Rights is law of the land. How can states infringe on something that is already untouchable, such as the 1A and 2A?