Guns are good! Until yet another gunman shoots a bunch of kids in America.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mildredop, Feb 7, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Rights are good
    Guns are just tools that get misused

2. Mildredop thread starter macrumors 68020

Of course they are. In fact, why not give everyone the right to keep nuclear weapons? They're just tools.

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I love the nuclear weapon responses in these threads.

Regarding the shooting, sad for all involved.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I'll take 2:rolleyes:

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

except the NRA thy benefit from these shootings.

6. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

They do? Please explain.

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

sandy hook they came out with teachers should be armed buy more guns. every shooting they benefit because people buy more guns and they come out with more crazy and more reasons why we should not have gun control.

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Interesting theory. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

9. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

not exactly a theory all the info is in the news and right out there. you do know the NRA is a gun lobbyist first and foremost right? and they have some pretty wacko leaders? all right there in the main news. right after sandy hook the NRA announced all schools should arm children. and every shooting they say it shows how everyone should be armed. and that means gun sales and they soared after sandy hook and every other shooting. the NRA loves to make people afraid and worrying about loosing their gun rights so gun sales rise.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

People buy more guns because democrats love to ban/restrict the hell out of them after a tragedy happens :rolleyes:

11. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Is your newsletter weekly or monthly?

Your talking points are very familiar.

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

no because the NRA stirred up fear of banning. it was so pathetic to watch people hord semi automatic rifles and ammo till they could not buy them anymore. all because of fake fear.

----------

daily it is called the News. you know abc cbs fox and all those others what don't believe me? just do a little bit of searching show how wrong I am.

----------

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1841fe-4b88-11e2-a6a6-aabac85e8036_story.html
    After a week of silence in the wake of the Newtown shootings, the National Rifle Association finally spoke out Friday defending guns and decrying violence. NRA’s Wayne LaPierre called for schools to be protected with armed guards, just as sports stadiums, the President of the United States and government buildings.
    LAPIERRE: The truth is, that our society is populated by an unknown number of genuine monsters. People that are so deranged, so evil, so possessed by voices and driven by demons, that no sane person can every possibly comprehend them. They walk among us every single day, and does anybody really believe that the next Adam Lanza isn’t planning his attack on a school, he’s already identified at this very moment?

LAPIERRE: How many more copycats are waiting in the wings for their moment of fame from a national media machine that rewards them with wall-to-wall attention and a sense of identity that they crave, while provoking others to try to make their mark.

A dozen more killers, a hundred more? How can we possibly even guess how many, given our nation’s refusal to create an active national database of the mentally ill? The fact is this: That wouldn’t even begin to address the much larger, more lethal criminal class -- killers, robbers, rapists, gang members who have spread like cancer in every community across our nation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11/nra-gun-control-firearms-industry-ties_n_2434142.html
    Throughout its 142-year history, the National Rifle Association has portrayed itself as an advocate for the individual gun owner’s Second Amendment rights. In turn, the NRA relied on those gun owners, especially its 4 million or so members, to pressure lawmakers into carrying out its anti-gun control agenda.

In the last two decades, however, the deep-pocketed NRA has increasingly relied on the support of another constituency: the $12-billion-a-year gun industry, made up of manufacturers and sellers of firearms, ammunition and related wares. That alliance was sealed in 2005, when Congress, after heavy NRA lobbying, approved a measure that gave gunmakers and gun distributors broad, and unprecedented, immunity from a wave of liability lawsuits related to gun violence in America’s cities.

It was a turning point for both the NRA and the industry, both of which recognized the mutual benefits of a partnership. That same year, the NRA also launched a lucrative new fundraising drive to secure “corporate partners” that’s raked in millions from the gun industry to boost its operations.

13. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

You're right, the NRA is very pro mass shooting.

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I said they benefit from it. But I would not doubt a few of the higher ups get a woody over it and how it will benefit their cause.

15. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Just awful :(. My condolences to the family and friends all involved.

16. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Doesn't surprise me in the least that a few liberals out there would think that.

17. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The greatest thing to ever happen to the NRA is this guy...

[​IMG]

18. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

why not look at the head honchos. ted nugent? he is insane he is a pants pooping draft dodging pedo that has been gun crazy and just crazy since at least high school. all the crazy he has spouted over the years has just been that crazy.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

How many people has he killed? I hate Ted but you happen to be wrong

20. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

No one he just talked about it. he had to kill animals instead. He even bragged about crapping his pants so he would not be drafted. he bragged about liking them young and even adopted a teen girl so he could have sex with her. or some such I can't remember the details he brags about it. the guy is a luny and to think I liked his music when i was younger.

21. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

So Ted is on record rejoicing after a mass shooting? Or he's on record promoting them?

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

What the hell makes Ted nugent a "head honcho"? A loud mouth and a micro phone?:rolleyes:

23. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

can we have a quota for how many gun-related stories there are in this thread jesus

24. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

NRA Board Member Ted Nugent Calls For The Assassination Of President Obama
    well jeez I guess only oboma and democrats.

Nugent threatens death if Obama wins in November
    "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said, according to a video posted on YouTube by the NRA. "If you can't go home and get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil America hated administration, I don't even know what you're made out of."