Guns- The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, The Stupid

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Huntn, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

AMy attempt at a catchall gun title to limit my future gun related threads. :):)

Compilation of MacRumors Gun Related Threads and Gun Incidents. We reap what we sow, just too dumb to admit it.

There are just so many gun related threads, they fly by so fast, you might forget they ever happened. ;) A list of current and new ones. Date of post included for fast recall.

Updates
    • 18Jul17- Added Woman dials 911, shot dead by police.
    • 17Apr17- Added Live Stream link.
    • 6Jan 2017- Added Ft. Lauderdale Airport shooting under Mass shootings.
    • 28Sep16- Added School Shooting Category along with S.Carolina School Shooting.
    • 25July- Added Orlando and Ft Myers Night club shootings.
    • 22Jul- Added unarmed man shot by police to Controversial police Shooting Section.
    • 10Jul16- Added support article under controversial police shootings section.
    • 07Jul16- Added Controversial Police Shooting Section

Gun Violence Related Links:
    * Apr 2017 Urgent: BREAKING Suspected Serial Killer Steve Stephens Live-Streams Murder On Facebook Live
    *Gun Violence Archive
    *Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
    *Gun Violence in the Untied States
    *Law Center To Prevent Gun Violence
    *We can't fix U.S. gun violence until we address the psychosis at the heart of mass gun ownership.

I've missed several. Post with link and I'll add it to the list. I considered making this a wiki post, but the option was not available for this forum.

Legal Rulings
    * Appeals court says that concealed carry isn't a right
    (June 2016)

Mass Shootings

Controversial Police Shootings (Section added July 2016)
    * Woman calls 911...cops shoot her dead in Minneapolis.(July 2017)
    * Cop Shoots and Kills Unarmed Deaf, Mute Man as He Tries to Communicate Using Sign Language (Aug 2016 )
    * Support Article: I'm a black ex-cop, and this is the real truth about Race and Policing
    * Unarmed South Florida man with hands up shot by police while calming autistic patient
    (July 2016)- Not funny version of Keystone Cops.
    * Oops, we did It again (July 5, 2016)- Police called to Convienence Store, Baton Rouge, La.
    * Falcon Heights Minnesota Shooting (July 6, 2016)- Traffic Stop.

School Shootings

Misc Shootings

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

PRSI soil is particularly fecund and gun threads sprout like ear hair.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I agree -- absolutely.

In fact, I think we might get a new motto out of this: "The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a stolen toilet seat is a self-appointed vigilante with a gun."

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

9 gun threads on page 1. Guys, how about adding onto existing threads?

5. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Easy there, Huntn. You're just politicizing tragedies to promote your liberal agenda.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

They don't make the tragedies any less tragic though.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

His point (with the title) was that this could be the catch-all thread for what is bound to be the stream of gun massacres and mayhem in the years to come.

Years ago I emailed the forum admins, asking for a forum stickie, HO-HUM, ANOTHER SHOOTING IN AMERICA.

But that didn't go anywhere.

8. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

The woman should be given the Medal of Honor

Wait, she missed? Throw her in jail

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

you have been deleted.

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    People have been griping about too many gun threads for as long as I've been posting here. Moreso than politics, religion, or social issues, it's THE one issue that gets brought up the most around here.

They should rename the forum to Guns and jkcerda Posting That One Rachel Maddow Link.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Because nothing says responsible gun owner quite like a woman firing a weapon at a fleeing shoplifter in a public area.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I know huh, I also wish the criminal would have done his deed in a private range so that there would be no chance an innocent bystander getting hit but criminals don't have any common sense, still I am glad the woman decided to act so that she could save the store some money, I don't care if the merchandise is insured

Is your sarcasm meter still broken?

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I do not have a sarcasm meter because there is no such thing as one.

17. citizenzen, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

citizenzen macrumors 65816

He has enough common sense to not shoplift in a private gun range.

Not to many big box retail stores in those anyway.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Give it three weeks.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I could sell you one I picked up from this store I thought was gun free until a lunatic female pulled out a gun & started firing at me, than GOD she was not properly trained & missed :D

20. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

save money? bet this costs far more because of the ammosexual and the legal issues she has caused. This lady had no common sense.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Only because the bad guy got away, think of all the money she could have saved the tax payers had she killed the criminal, now the one facing jail is her :doh:

Anyways I got more than one sarcasm meter from my earlier heist for sale.

22. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Money saved? her murder trial would be far higher just think of the cost of a death sentence. but hell she was judge jury and failed executioner. lets just hope no dogs steal food around her. she also failed her robo cop class too.

23. jkcerda, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Of course she failed robo cop class, the book was not structured in the form of a recipe and women can't understand things any other way.

What is your addy? I'll send that meter for free as you could sure use it :D

24. johnh57 macrumors regular

I didn't read the article - but from the headline (which admittedly in todays news world sometimes only tangentially relates to the article itself) she is in trouble , and rightly so. Justifiable use of deadly force is rather limited in scope, as I understand it. There is Castle doctrine which means if I'm threatened where I am occupying I'm justified. i.e. if I'm in my home, car, etc and someone is in/breaking in I am justified in defending myself. However, If I pull in the driveway and see someone through the window and I know wife kids etc are not at home - that would not a justified use of deadly force and castle doctrine would not apply since I wasn't actually in the structure.

Then there is 'stand your ground' doctrine which is slightly different and says I don't have to retreat or attempt to retreat if confronted outside of my occupancy and I am entitled to defend myself. Not all states have 'stand your ground' laws.

The use of deadly force in a public space against a fleeing thief that isn't reasonably assumed to be a threat to anyone elses safety is just asking for trouble.

Not a lawyer, and laws vary from state to state. This is the reason why I took a CCW class even though I haven't followed through with application for a CCW. The laws are complex.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Man, I hate that my ears are as fertile as a Duggar woman.