Guy Question.

How do you use a urinal.

• Go on the wall of the urinal.

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Go on the bottom of the urinal where the drain and water is.

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Other: I'm hoping there is no other, but if there is, let me hear it.

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • I don't use urinals.

Votes: 19 20.2%

• Total voters

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I made this poll because I am quite confused on how to use a urinal (rofl). And no matter which way I do it, I still get sprinkles from the rebound of the urine.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
I always go for the water, otherwise you get nasty-other-guy-piss on your hands and giggle stick™.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
A lot of people tend to get way too close to it. If you are making _any_ contact with the urinal [That includes your clothes], then you're way too close.

Just stand back a bit. ;)

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
I try and melt the bubble gum at the bottom, or wash down the chewing tobacco left and run it all down the drain holes, after which I'll devote what's left to dissolving any deodorizer which is at the base. Leave it cleaner than you found it in the interest of both mine and urine. Oh, and for the love of Pete, it's called F L U S H. :p

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I agree with mad jew...I generally aim for the urinal cake if there is one. If there isn't, it's usually the drain...you have to make a game out of it somehow.

seabass069

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
I go outside and find the nearest road gutter. I stand over it and pee in my pants. The urine runs straight down my leg right into the gutter. NO SPRINKLES AND NO MESS!! It's great on a cold day too. AH the warmth!!!

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I usually stand about 3 feet back and arc it in. Of course the tricky part is carefully walking it in once the stream starts to fade so you don't get any on the floor.

Lethal

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
mad jew said:
If it's shiny I aim for it.
*runs around sticking milk bottle tops on people* :D

I like to mix it up, y'know? Sometimes on the block, sometimes down the drain and hell sometimes, just for the fun of it, standing a few feet back to test my aim. Or not, I'd rather go in a cubicle if there is one.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
LethalWolfe said:
Of course the tricky part is carefully walking it in once the stream starts to fade so you don't get any on the floor.
There are an awful lot of people who aren't very good at that part...

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
Wow, lots of people don't use them altogether. I piss both ways :)

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Usually wall. But some urinals have those ice cube things at the bottom, and those deserve special attention.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
I have a funny story about that...

there was this one urinal, which must have been scientifically designed to have the urine shoot straight back at you.

Well, it was my second day of work, and I went out and bought these brand new pants... well needless to say, at about 10:00, after the caffeine set it, I went to the bathroom. Well... i ruined the pants... and was very embarrassed the rest of the day. I kept having to cross my legs.

Oh, and one final note, why do you sometimes find ice in the urinal?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
mgargan1 said:
Oh, and one final note, why do you sometimes find ice in the urinal?
Several reasons...

1. Entertainment purposes...makes a fun game.
2. Melting ice conserves slowly "flushes" the urinal.
3. Chilling the urine can help keep odors down.
4. It's a convenient place to dump ice when you're done with it.