Guy who wrote "Benghazi Mom's" speech may end up voting for Hillary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CaptMurdock, Aug 17, 2016.

1. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-lifelong-republican-20160817-story.html

But weeks after the end of the 2016 GOP convention, I am confronted by an inconvenient fact: Despite what I wrote in that nationally televised speech about Hillary Clinton, I may yet have to vote for her because of the epic deficiencies of my own party's nominee.

---

Regardless, the reality is, I cannot vote for Donald Trump. I could never vote for Donald Trump.

So instead I am confronted by two painful choices: Vote for the most divisive political figure in the past 25 years or throw away my vote on a kooky Libertarian ticket.
    Awkward....

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

A speech writer might vote for Hillary, call in the press.

3. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

As long as people are deluded into thinking that voting 3rd party is "wasting" a vote, nothing about our political system will change.

I can't vote for Trump either; but Hillary is just as unpalatable to me. I'll be voting Libertarian, and I hope everyone that is as thoroughly disgusted with our two pile of excrement candidates as I am will do the same.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

He's understandably conflicted. There is no "home" for guys like him anymore. The GOP made sure of that.

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Stuck between two ends of the lunatic fringe.

6. CaptMurdock thread starter macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Yeah...the guy who wrote the speech that Trumpsters were cheering on for a week after the convention.

Get the popcorn and the Reese's Pieces, baby.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Sure you can do that to make yourself feel better and give yourself a big ol' pat on the back. But one of the two main parties will once again be putting someone into the White House. Not a 3rd party.

As someone else here brilliantly said (unfortunately forgot who) the 3rd parties are going about things the wrong way. They are trying top down, when they need to work from the bottom up. Get a bunch of libertarian or green party senators and members of the House and then we can talk.