Hacker claims credit for DNC breach, posts Trump smear file, Clinton election strategy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Jun 16, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

Russian Hackers stole Dems' Trump files, firm says

Washington (CNN): Hackers connected to the Russian government broke into the servers of the Democratic National Committee and stole opposition research on Donald Trump, the cybersecurity experts responding to the intrusion said Tuesday.

Two separate Russian intelligence-linked cyberattack groups were both in the DNC's networks, Dmitri Alperovitch, co-founder and chief technology officer of CrowdStrike, which responded to the breach, told CNN. They likely didn't even know the other was in the systems, he added.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/polit...ittee-breach-russians-donald-trump/index.html

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Why do the Russians need these files? One speech from Trump tells you everything you need to know....

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just the Russians helping their friend, Trump campaign manager Manafort?

4. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Puty and Trump a marriage made in heaven.

Vlad and Donny sittin' in a tree K I S S I N G first comes love then comes marriage then comes Joseph in a baby carriage.

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Why just the Democrats'?

6. zin macrumors 6502

They also stole other files, some of which have already been published. Some of them are spreadsheets with names and email addresses of large DNC donors.

One is an internal document surrounding the 2016 GOP candidates that seems to prove the DNC colluded with Hillary from the beginning, almost as if it were a coronation. The document, from May 2015, references general election plans in order to make sure "HRC" wins.

Looks like it was Hillary's turn all along.

7. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

So you're saying the DNC is corrupt and contemptible...o_O:eek:

I agree

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That was easy. The DNC must store their Trump data on Hillary's homebrew server.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Maybe they store it on one of the White House's servers or at the Office of Personnel Management?

10. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Why Trump files is puzzling.

Yet, another person is in possession of damning information and who'd been in the news before.

"Wikileaks will publish ‘enough evidence’ to indict Hillary Clinton, warns Assange"

"Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange warns more information will be published about Hillary Clinton, enough to indict her if the US government is courageous enough to do so, in what he predicts will be “a very big year” for the whistleblowing website.

Expressing concerns in an ITV interview about the Democratic presidential candidate, who he claims is monitoring him, Assange described Republican presumptive nominee Donald Trump as an “unpredictable phenomenon”, but predictably, given their divergent political views, didn’t say if he preferred the billionaire to be president.

He was not asked if he supported Green Party candidate Jill Stein, even though she said she would immediately pardonWikileaks whistleblower Chelsea Manning if elected."

https://www.rt.com/usa/346534-wikileaks-clinton-assange-fbi/

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3084...credit-for-dnc-breach-posts-files-online.html
    link to files
    https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/dnc/

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

13. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Yeah. Don't follow Made The Switch irresponsible dual thread making. ;)

Though the news is F'd up .... In a good way. :D

14. chown33 macrumors 604

In May 2015, HRC was the principal candidate, maybe even the sole candidate.
    She announced on 12 April 2015:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton_presidential_campaign,_2016

Bernie didn't announce his candidacy until 26 May 2015:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders_presidential_campaign,_2016

I don't recall exactly when other Dem candidates announced, but I think they were all after HRC's announcement. It should be easy to find out.

In any case, regardless of party or candidate, if there's only one candidate at a point in time, it's pretty elementary logic for a planning committee's planning document to only discuss plans for that candidate.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

nope.

16. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

I recieved mod advice that 2 threads were merged.

17. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Hillary Clinton -- Announced: April 12, 2015
    Bernie Sanders -- Announced: April 30, 2015

Those are the dates from the wikipedia links you provided.

The planning document was dated May 26, 2015.
    http://nypost.com/2016/06/16/leaked-document-shows-the-dnc-wanted-clinton-from-start/

What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to offer facts that don't support your premise... and then ignore them?
    Hope you stretched first.
    :D

18. chown33 macrumors 604

I made an error in not recognizing Sanders' informal announcement.

19. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Nothing will happen to the hildabeast, Hussein will see to that.

20. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

It's called hedging your bets. You have a group of people and you know their past history. You know your opposition. You look at your group and figure who has the best chance of beating the others in their group and then beating the opposition. Then you wrote contingency plans on how that is going to happen.

People in general plan ahead. They look at all the possibilities, and then plan for the most likely.

It's like the annual flu shot, they look at all the strains, and then choose the one they think will be most prevalent and attack that one.

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

True, and the person who posted that should have checked before making those claims, but I'm pretty sure when Sanders announced it took him a few months to break out of single digits in the polls.

22. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Yes.

There is clearly a conspiracy to isolate Sanders, but I don't think these document leaks are the proof of it. Sanders formally declared the same day this document was released. I have been a supporter of Bernard Sanders since about 2007, and I didn't think his run would have a serious impact on the Democratic nomination at that time.

23. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

This was found on the DNC server in a folder named "kawaii"

Epic