Hacking the touch with new “jailbrake”. Do it now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DaveBlaze, Oct 10, 2007.

1. DaveBlaze macrumors newbie

Ok so like alot of people here iv being watching every development in the iPod touch hacking saga (lol, yes saga) via every forum and blog and everything else, and noticed a few things, mainly the Iphone hack/unlock debate keeps getting mixed up in the iPod touch jailbreak developments/news debate .

So what I did was crated a blog, “ipodtouch2007.blogspot.com” which will keep focus purely on the iPod touch hack and iPod touch related news. Thought it might interest likeminded people on this forum.

The first thing I would like to do is release a simple step by step guide to the new tif exploit as at the moment I don’t think it’s a good idea for the average iPod user to try the hack just yet.

Also do u think it is a good idea to try the hack out straight away or do ya think it would be better to wait and see how other users get along first?

Dave Blaze
    ipodtouch2007.blogspot.com

2. pimmysays macrumors member

I tried doing it, only to find out that without an intel mac, your kinda screwed. Took a while to figure out how to restore. I would recommend that you wait until an easy to use tool comes out, right now its a mess.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah, you should wait to do it. I lent my macbook pro to a friend so that she could jailbreak it and it messed up. It's just not a risk that many will be willing to take right now.

Once it's in a GUI form, though, you should be good to go... that is until the iTunes updater starts chasing after you.