Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmitch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Iowa, USA
I dont know that this is guaranteed and i also don't know how widespread of an issue is but i began noticing spots under the lens of my IP5 camera.

I didn't get around to it by the time my warranty expired (launch day purchase) but went in tonight and he said that the whole phone was very dusty and also that the frame was slightly bent which likely led to the dust issue.

Great news- they offered to replace on the spot even though i was out of warranty!

Anyway just thought i'd share in case anyone else was having similar issues.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
My coworker has a spec of dust under his 5S camera lens, on day one.

So it's possible it's been there the whole time.

sucka free

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
If you're cool with them they are usually cool with you.
I've had them replace phones out if warranty even tho they didn't have to.
It won't always happen, but once in awhile you'll get someone cool to do it for you

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I dont know that this is guaranteed and i also don't know how widespread of an issue is but i began noticing spots under the lens of my IP5 camera.

I didn't get around to it by the time my warranty expired (launch day purchase) but went in tonight and he said that the whole phone was very dusty and also that the frame was slightly bent which likely led to the dust issue.

Great news- they offered to replace on the spot even though i was out of warranty!

Anyway just thought i'd share in case anyone else was having similar issues.

No surprise here, i had a imac screen replaced 2.5 years out of warranty this year. It was bought late 09.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.