Had my i7 17" Matte outside with me in the sun, great display very visible

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by underblu, Apr 24, 2010.

1. underblu macrumors regular

I have to say the 17" matte display on my 10' MBP is a bit brighter and easier to read when outdoors than was the matte display on my 07' 15" MBP.

The display now seems a bit brighter and more vivid. Anyway it made lounging outside surfing the web a real pleasure.

BTW, these matte screens do seem to pick up finger prints smudges. I mean I have not touched the screen and yet iit get's dirty quickly. Time to reach for the microfiber cloth that came in the box.

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Is that microfiber thingy enough to get it clean again? With my black MacBook I really need something that's slightly moisturized and put some real pressure on it before the smudges are away. I guess that wouldn't be such a good idea for matte screens because of the coating?

3. Pavia macrumors regular

I am leaning more and more towards matte...

Btw it's '10, not 10' ;)

4. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Actually, the gloosy screen is very easy to dirty too (like dust)

5. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

I've read a lot about the new gloosy technology. ;)

6. EBH macrumors newbie

I'm starting to lean towards matte too... I haven't read a single post from someone who'd gone matte and regretted it.. But I have to decide without seeing it, which is hard... Anyway, thanks for posting your thoughts on outside use!

7. m85476585 macrumors 65816

That must be the new screens that use partially mirrored glass, for 20% reflectivity (almost double the reflectivity of untreated glass). I'm sure Apple will use these new gloosy displays in the next refresh because they know what's best for us, and whats best is for the user to be able to see him/herself at all times, no matter what is on the screen. As an added feature, these new gloosy displays will make it hard for people to sneak up behind you.

It's not hard to clean a matte display. A dry microfiber cloth works for me.