Had the Axis won WW2, what would have happened next?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 1, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Germany had Hitler and his Aryan buddies enslaving anyone that wasn't blue-haired/blond-eyed whatever.

Italy had Mussolini coining words like "corporatism".

Japan was busy killing off the Chinese, the Russians signed a non-aggression pact against China, Chinese/German ties dissolved...

Had history unfolded differently and the Axis had won against the Allies, I wonder which of the three Axis nations would have turned on their partners first. If Hitler waited even one day in regards to going after the Russians, history could have been irrevocably changed.

Chances are, Hitler would have mopped the floor with Hirohito and Mussolini, nuts as he was. Or maybe Mussolini would end up winning, staying in the shadows and letting the other two clobber each other and then strike. If had Mussolini lived, what he would think of history as it unfolded around him. Or Hitler for that matter, both of them seemed to believe in the same anti-life beliefs but apply it somewhat differently.

But the Axis lost. And how Hirohito wasn't sent to trial for his involvement, as leader and thus ultimately responsible for his country... What if Japan would have found a way to clobber Italy and Germany first? Seems as unlikely as Italy double-crossing.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If the Axis had won during WW2, the planet would look like a permanent greenhouse with rankest carbon dioxide atmosphere due to Adolf Hitler's uncontrollable chronic flatulence.

And we would have someone with whom everyone in the world would agree that Donald Trump would have bigger hands.

BL.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

There'd be a lot fewer Jews in the world, but man ... those trains really run on time.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Mussolini was out of power in 1943, so I doubt he would've been part of any Axis victory. The United States would have dropped the atomic bomb on Berlin first, then Japan. In the end I think we would've had pretty much the same result.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you need to read harry turtledove this is what his books are about.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

There is a whole organization devoted to alternate history's.

http://www.uchronia.net/sidewise/

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Harry has some great stories one I really liked started with ww2 and ended with the future it was about aliens trying to conqur the world to where we are now a threat to them.

8. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

9. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I like the beginning but I felt it got kind of slow halfway through so I never finished it. maybe i should give it another shot since the premise is pretty interesting.

as to OP's question, idk the geopolitics of it but the world would be still more racial and segregated

10. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well, I'm beginning to think the timelines would merge right about now...

11. 1458279 Suspended

How would waiting one day make any difference?

Why would people assume that any nation that takes over, wouldn't go down the same road as Rome? Nations fail for various reasons, Rome was very strong, then it failed. It's a common thread with humans and it seems very hard to overcome.

Many strong nations become their own enemy.

12. sim667 macrumors 65816

Crystal Meth would be socially acceptable

(Hitler was a meth head for anyone who doesn't know why this is relevant)

13. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

There would be unhinged nationalist politicians spreading hate and fear, pandering to the majority while attacking the weakest minorities through prejudice and discrimination.

Hmmm....

14. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Came in here to say exactly this. Philip K. Dick described this alternate history on his book almost 55 years ago.

15. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

There would be a unified Europe, drawing most of it's economic and political power from Germany.

But, wait.......

16. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I'm going to go on a whim and say Wolfenstein: The New Order.

17. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Oh, gosh, so much to say. Hitler was a vegetarian. I imagine we, as a society, would suffer from the inane and often annoying conversations vegetarians start just to proclaim their love for it and their balanced lifestyle attributed to vegetarianism. Then you have the vegans, and oh, my God, just shoot me now.

Every minion of the Third Reich would want to be like the Fuhrer and become a vegetarian or worse, a vegan. I'm having nightmares while awake just thinking about it.

18. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Germany and Japan would probably have a Cold War for years afterwards while consolidating their power base. Germany would be busy in Europe and the Middle East, while Japan would be busy in China and the Pacific. Russia would be divided into East and West Russia.;)

Italy? Ha! They're the JV squad holding their hat in the classic "Si Senor, bandits have raided our village" pose and hoping Germany lets them keep Italy.:rolleyes: