Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Copefree

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
So since the Apple Store app was STILL down like 20 minutes after the pre-order started, I had to go with my backup plan and hit Verizon's website for the pre-order.

Shockingly, I was able to pre-order a Space Gray 256GB with an 11/3 delivery, so that's great.

But now I'm stuck with my iPhone 7 Plus on the Apple Upgrade Program ($44/mo. or whatever it is) and I'll be paying Verizon now $47/mo. or whatever for the iPhone X.

I guess I'll have to sell my 7 private-party and pay off the CitizensOne loan?

Moi Ici

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
They absolutely screwed the up grade folk again. I stared bleary eyed at my phone for 20 minuets before the store came up. Furious!!! Then trying to upgrade on Apple program (already preapproved) turned into “who are you”?? I am so pissed at Apple now. I could have gone through att or purchased outright from my MacBook, but my preapproved loan had already dinged my credit for the check. Then on Apple site on MacBook it told me to go back to App Store on iPad or iPhone which was still closed. Now I’m way out in receiving my phone.

Copefree

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
They absolutely screwed the up grade folk again. I stared bleary eyed at my phone for 20 minuets before the store came up. Furious!!! Then trying to upgrade on Apple program (already preapproved) turned into “who are you”?? I am so pissed at Apple now. I could have gone through att or purchased outright from my MacBook, but my preapproved loan had already dinged my credit for the check. Then on Apple site on MacBook it told me to go back to App Store on iPad or iPhone which was still closed. Now I’m way out in receiving my phone.

Yea, they screwed up big time.

BTW, I don't think the the credit check is a 'hard tap' so it won't affect your credit score. I get notified any time there's a hard inquiry on my credit and I wasn't notified on Monday (or since). Usually it's immediate if there's a hard tap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.