Had to restore iPad. Where can I find iPad application purchase history?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jb60606, Mar 27, 2011.

1. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

I had to restore my iPad (1st Gen) due too a problem during the last upgrade. It was backed up a number of weeks ago, and a majority of applications have been restored. However, several iPad applications have been purchased/downloaded since and I can't recall what they all were.

I've searched my purchase history on iTunes and AppStore applications, but iPad applications don't appear in either of these lists. Is there anywhere else that I can find my iPad purchase history?

2. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

If they're not on your computer, maybe try doing Check For Available Downloads?

3. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Why weren't these apps already in your iTunes account on the computer? 2, use time machine, it's a life saver. I can;t believe people don;t use backups in this day and age. Memory is cheap.

4. MacNil macrumors newbie

You can see all your purchases in iTunes. Follow the instructions in this link:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727

5. jb60606, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

jb60606 thread starter macrumors 6502a

as I mentioned in my post, a majority of the apps were backed up and restored when I did an iPad system restore. Unfortunately, a series of events kept me, or my iPad from home, and I hadn't a chance to backup the last half dozen applications (all purchased on a recent vacation). No need for the lecture on backups - I've been maintaining my own RAID storage for network backups for a good 7 or 8 years and even pay CrashPlan to keep a secondary instance off-site. And backups aren't stored on memory - that would cost an absolute fortune.

Thanks MacNil - did the trick. I thought that I had checked earlier today and found no history of iPad application purchases. I must have mistaken something else for my purchase history.