Hagel to direct National Guards to offer same-sex benefits

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SilentPanda, Nov 1, 2013.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2013/10/31/pentagon-direct-natl-guards-offer-sex-benefits/

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I would have bet big that a Hagel led DoD would never issue an order like that. How times have changed.

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

If Lee were still here he would write some over the top "It's about time" post and he would be right but me, I've never been the confrontational type and all I can do is say "Thank you Mr. Hagel. Equality never goes out of style." 30 years ago even the thought of gay marriage or federal benefits or recognition by the IRS seemed as far away as Mars.

Thanks Lee and all of those who fought for equality. The millennials and younger generations will never know what it feels like, but for those of us who came of age before the plague actions such as Hagel's give meaning to life.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

This is great news! All those bigots that oppose this need to just die off and leave the world a more peaceful place.

Military members have enough hardships to face, marrying their loved ones shouldn't be one of those hardships.

5. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff