Hah for those iPhone3G or ipt2g(non-MC) users at 4.1beta1: use redsn0w from 2 wks ago

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cobaltrich27, Jul 14, 2010.

1. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

2. cobaltrich27 thread starter macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Update!!!

Sorry it took so long had to un-install Android 2.2 first.

OK successful Jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.5B5-5 with iPhone 3G iOS4.1 Beta installed. Now I can play with the new gamecenter and be jailbroken at the same time :D

There are some network errors as mentioned. Also there was mention of not needing to worry about Hacktivation since Im on the Apple Dev Team and my devices are all registered this is true.

However I still had to remove my micro sim out of my iPhone 4 and put it in the 3G to activate with iTunes.

What does this mean for some of you?

Well if you use T-Mobile and you ask someone to register your iPhone with the Apple Dev program for you that still wont get you past the activation.

This jailbreak doesn't activate as mentioned therefore you cant get into the iPhone to launch Cydia and Ultrasn0w etc.

3. GD825 macrumors newbie

4.1 beta info:

The SDK build number is 10M2304 and the firmware build number is 8B5080c.

Changes:
    ● Signal Bars seem to be fixed and are taller
    ● New Baseband (02.07.01)
    ● Game Center is back with new look (see screenshot)
    ● Camera Switch and Flash buttons reposition in landscape mode (see screenshot)
    ● You can now choose to add Favorite as voice or FaceTime.
    ● Spell Check can be turned off in Settings
    ● FaceTime and Game Center Parental Controls
    ● Full Bluetooth AVRCP Support

4. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

You will loose any unlock if you do this. The baseband is updated.

I'm expecting a thousand threads now after people read your subject and then run off to try it. They will say is dude speak, "I upgraded to 4.1 beta on my 3G but now I cannot unlock it, HELP ME."

I'll bet a coffee this happens at least 10 times before end of the week.

5. cobaltrich27 thread starter macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Not my subject!

This subject line of this thread as stated in the original post is a direct quote from musclnerd's tweet last night copy/paste.

Actually I'm trying to warn those not with AT&T not to do this and those with AT&T not try this with their primary iPhone due to the network issues.

Those users will need to wait for a newer version of redsn0w. I agree with you most people will jump the gun and not read the warnings here or at the Dev Team Redsn0w site.

Thanks

6. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Any word if there is a mail/exchange fix in this build?