'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President Elect

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Nov 21, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You either support it or you turned a blind eye to it. Trump voters, you own this.

See video in link

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is ok i mean it was ok that the Cheeto has ties to Russia and Russia helped elect him. all is ok as long as the great orange leader is in charge.

3. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Yea that event made it to the German press as well. Wannabe fascists that can't spell sieg heil correctly. Go figure. The young dudes mostly have those fashy hair-cuts and sometimes a female was (said to be) seen.

Lovely bunch.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 21, 2016 ---
    Oh, and about the 'Lügenpresse' (sounds extremely 1930ish): Breitbard is going to expand to Germany for the upcoming election.

Lovely times.

4. macmee Suspended

macmee

I'm Canadian, I hate Trump and typically think people who don't believe in obvious things like climate change have a few lose screws.

However, trying to brand all Trump supporters as being in the same "basket of deplorables" is in itself a deplorable thing to do.

Everyone is well aware that some people on the right are bat-s&#^ crazy. The fact that white supremacists support Trump doesn't mean all Trump supporters are white supremacists. Likewise, not all democrats are social justice and armchair warriors either.

The small minority of crazies on either side shouldn't influence you as to what the majority of people think... obviously...

5. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Of course they aren't all the same. But he heavily pandered (still does) to that extremely vocal and disgusting minority. If the broad majority of Trump voters that don't share those views continues to compromise, look away or even excuse that: not one bit better imho.

6. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

7. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

If there is a pattern to be seen and you get praised by murderes and rapists a lot I think you should indeed check yourself.
    Happened to our Green party in the 70s-80s where a lot of pedophiles used it as a platform because they could hide there the best. Took some decades and then some for the party to fully investigate that ****.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Not all Trump supporters are racist, but I bet a vast majority of racists are Trump supporters, and perhaps Donald Trump and the GOP need to take a good, hard look in the mirror and think about why that is.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Not all Trump supporters are racist. However, they voted him despite Trump's personality and everything that he stands for.

But let's not take focus off the real issue - if SNL can get an angry tweet from Donnie - where is his tweet about this?

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I will be sure to tell the minorities in my family and my LGBT friends that some random person on the internet says I own white nationalism.:rolleyes:

11. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Good, you should.

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

LOL that was sarcasm.

13. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

I know.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Good deal. Just making sure it was clear.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't understand why he isn't calling out this nazi stuff, but has time to tweet about Pence's theatre trip.

Well I do understand. The nazi stuff helps him out and retain his cult-like following, and Pence's comments were done to distract the media from his Trump University scandal. But y'know.

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

A valid point, people aren't asking him to say much, a simple tweet denouncing this kind of depravity would take him 30 secs and go a long way to separating himself from this nonsense.

17. bandrews macrumors 6502a

I think it could do with more than a simple tweet. It's going to take more than 140 characters to convincingly distance himself from these crazies.

18. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

I don't think he will distance himself from this. He used these people (and the under-educated (read: those with just a high school diploma) and (old) white people (manual laborers) who are still living in the 60s/70s) to get elected and won't abandoned their adoring worship now.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

we don't "own this" as we don't care nor should Trump care who supports him. If these groups want to consider his win their win, that's on them not Trump or those that support him. he's already denounced the KKK once. He doesn't need to say it every time a group or article pops up.

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I sincerely doubt Trump supporters would be as sanguine if a bunch of neo-Nazis showed up to celebrate a Democratic win.

But, what's interesting is Trump's response.

Trump has a massive Twitter audience and he could let the air out of Spencer's ranting in a heartbeat.

But, instead, he's content to bitch about Hamilton on Twitter while his transition team gets to release a long-winded statement to the press.

It's like the attacks on people of color following his election. Rather than saying something on Twitter immediately, he only responded to a direct question in a "60 Minutes" interview and said merely "stop it."

Now, we see Spencer yammering on about Golems and Lügenpresse, using Trump's victory as a recruitment effort. And, Trump is silent.

If a conference of neo-Nazis used my campaign as part of their recruiting effort, you couldn't get me to stop bashing that cabal of racists.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Honest question. How many times must a person refute a groups support?

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So does this mean Obama voters own the 4 Dallas cops getting shot at a BLM rally or do we stop lumping everyone in together when the shoe is on the other foot? Let me know which way the wind blows on this one and I'll adjust accordingly.

23. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Own it, snowflakes. Trump courted this segment of the population and even hired one of their own as his Special Advisor.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

So I will take that as a yes to the question in post #22?

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

As much as necessary. Let's try a sincere effort and see if it works.