#hairgate...? What is this, does this even

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bahroo, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Bahroo macrumors 68000

http://www.businessinsider.com/hairgate-iphone-6-customers-complaining-the-phone-is-ripping-out-their-hair-2014-10

"Customers are complaining about the iPhone 6 ripping their hair out"

...how is this even possible? The gap between the glass panel and the aluminum back? It is completly sealed off for me, the seal between the glass panel and aluminum body.....how does this even occur? Lol ...whaat? Are people's hair really getting caught and stuck ?

This "gate" stuff all these newsoutlets love, they love click bait and more views, Apple really does deal with the most FUD.

2. aevelasquez macrumors regular

I hate all this gate-gate ********.

3. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

I can't even believe this, how in the world do people's hair even get stuck there??? What gap? The gap between the glass panel and aluminum back is completly sealed off for me (that like black lining ring around the glass panel, connected to the aluminum back) I cant even stick a piece of paper in there, lol wow Apple really does deal with the most FUD on the planet

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would bet that all of us are paying an extra $100-$200 foir each phone to cover all the "gate" cr^p!

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

lol.. I really don't understand how the phone could snag your hair at all...

:apple:

6. cube macrumors G5

7. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

8. Fubared macrumors newbie

I can't afford anymore hair to be falling out, either from a phone, or my genetics.

9. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Maybe thats why you should get an iphone 6 instead of 6+, less radiation coming from less surface area?

10. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Did you read what you just said?

'Nearly exceeding legal radiation limits'

That literally means, it's within legal limitations. As in it has not exceeded limitations.

I think you better get checked out by a qualified mental health facility. Same as these guys claiming the phone is pulling hair.

11. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Pardon the sarcasm that you didn't catch :p

Though you should know that just because its within legal limitations doesn't mean its actually safe. You remember the time when certain amounts of lead were allowed in toothpaste? That was within legal limits too in not so distant history.

12. Anonymous Freak, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

For the record, when I let my hair get longer, this happened to me with the original iPhone and iPhone 3G. Fairly regularly. It was generally my cue that it was time to get a haircut!

13. dotme macrumors 6502a

From the story:

LOL at that...

14. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I second that LOL.

15. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

16. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I am not joking - my 6 Plus ripped pieces of hair out (I'm a guy short hair) and it was annoying.

Switched to the 6 for other reasons and the hair pulling stopped.

I'm not trolling, I swear it happened.

17. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Where did it catch onto? Your case? The iPhone is pretty flush and well connected that doesn't really leave any areas that should catch on to your hair...

18. RITmusic2k macrumors member

RITmusic2k

Holy hell, this has happened to me a few times too. Not to the extent of pulling my hair out, but definitely snagging and tugging on them. Somehow the interface between the glass and the shell are really grabby. It just happened again about 5 minutes ago.

19. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

It felt like the earpiece speaker was doing it.

Like another user stated, it didn't pull hair out but it definitely snagged t when taking my ear off the phone.

So weird lol.

20. dotme macrumors 6502a

Everyone reading this thread is now rubbing their iPhone in their hair to see if they can replicate the issue :D

21. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

I did.

Totally bald now.

22. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I really don't understand why people immediately jump on iPhone users complaining about something like this. Do you think they're lying? Or "trolling"? I mean, if several people are reporting having their beard stubble yanked on by the 6 then why immediately dismiss them as "clueless" or "just finding something to complain about"?

I actually shave infrequently when I can get away with it but have not yet received my iPhone 6 so I can't comment one way or the other as to whether I, personally, have experienced this issue.

Apple lovers go on and on (me included) as to the engineering, fit and finish of the iPhone. How perfectly it's designed and nearly flawless. So how the WORLD could it be causing issues, right? (a little sarcasm there)

Do I think this is a "gate" issue? Should all iPhones be recalled? Should Miami Vice lovers be given a case so their cool stubble doesn't get pulled?

Of course not.

But, geez...give folks a break! Maybe, just maybe they are not trolling or "just complaining because they have to complain".

23. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

How? Why? Was your device defective and the gap wasn't completly sealed off that seals the glass and aluminum body together? The 6 Plus and 6 have the same exact design so it shouldnt and isnt any different

24. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

There has got to be Samsung forums with threads talking about this right? It can't be iPhone exclusive.