Hal Martin keeps classified info at his home and goes to jail... Hillary runs for POTUS?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

How can the government put Hal Martin in jail (this guy has no chance) meanwhile allow Hillary to run for POTUS for doing the exact same thing?

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Because the system is rigged.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

man this horse has run away lived a long life turned into glue and used in a a piece of Chinese made furniture for a trump hotel.

4. jkcerda, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

this from renz

----------------

Because...

Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, was allowed access to view and store classified materials, she even had the authority to classify or declassify materials that originated from her department. It's a part of her job description.

The whole issue has nothing to do with her handling classified information, it's that she was doing so through unvetted channels. Her private server wasn't ever given the stamp of approval from the State Department. If it were, we wouldn't be having this discussion now. But since it wasn't, that makes it a breach of protocol, not a criminal matter.

---------------------
    --- Post Merged, Oct 18, 2016 ---
    If he didn't mean to do it he should walk free

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Left classified documents in a car? Not quite the exact same thing.

6. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Yep the solution here is to just apologize to America sincerely, because we're super nice that way.

Dear America,

I quote Hillary Clinton, our possibly future presidential stooge. It was a mistake and I take full responsibility.

7. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

8. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

If he were a Clinton minion, he would just plead the fifth and be fine.

9. zin Suspended

Actually the whole point of the criminal investigation was about her mishandling of classified information. The FBI Director said there was evidence of this, but there wasn't evidence of intent. This guy is using the same excuse as her and his story ended quite differently.

10. A.Goldberg, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

All I know if I started using my personal email for work containing HIPAA sensitive patient information, I'd be fired, sued, and fined from a minimum of $100 per incident up to a minimum of $50,000 depending on the classification of the degree of the violation up to I believe $1.5m total per year. I'd also likely face punishment from the licensing board.
    • Category 1: A violation that the CE was unaware of and could not have realistically avoided, had a reasonable amount of care had been taken to abide by HIPAA Rules (fine $100-50,000)
    • Category 2: A violation that the CE should have been aware of but could not have avoided even with a reasonable amount of care. (but falling short of willful neglect of HIPAA Rules) (fine $1,000-$50,000)
    • Category 3: A violation suffered as a direct result of “willful neglect” of HIPAA Rules, in cases where an attempt has been made to correct the violation (fine $10,000-$50,000)
    • Category 4: A violation of HIPAA Rules constituting willful neglect, where no attempt has been made to correct the violation (min fine $50,000+)
    There can also be criminal consequences too for HIPPA violations. BTW last year there nearly $40,000,000.00 was spent on HIPAA fines.

Where would Hillary fall under healthcare privacy standards? I know a guy who lost his job in the Air Force for texting with his cell phone in a restricted area. I know nurses who have been fired for taking pictures of inhuries that don't even include the patients face and posting them online.

Now just because no important information leaked out (that we know of) in my opinion doesn't absolve her of her "mistake" (aka negligence). It's like someone getting a DUI and saying just because they didn't crash the car then they shouldn't be arrested.

It's one thing to admit your mistake and accept the gravity of the situation. It's another thing to admit your mistakes and cover all your tracks, tie up your lose ends, sidestep questions, and not convolute the issue. She knows what she did was wrong, but the condradictory statements doesn't exacty promote trust.

So speaking of Equality and Justice Hillary, how are your negligent actions addressed the same way for nearly any other person in the US handling some sort of confidential information?

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

And if I did what Clinton did I'd have lost my Job with potential charges being pressed. Since it was intentional I would be standing in front of a judge.

12. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Documents are safer in a car that's only accessible by the owner or someone who steals it than an unsecured email server that is accessible by everyone in the world.

As an example I would get reprimanded/possibly fired for leaving confidential docs on my own desk at work even though the building is fully secured through multiple passways. In fact if I leave any docs on my desk whether confidential or not I'm in deep ****.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

kind of like trump did
    Trump Pleaded The Fifth 97 Times To Avoid Admitting To Adultery

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

If the whole issue has nothing to do with her handling of classified info, explain the bit about her homebrew server not being given the okay by the State Department.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think jkcerta has been co opted somehow. He's not the same person anymore.

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Relationships do that to a person. You and your partner begin to blend. I'm happy for them, I just Renz would have given me a fair chance. :(

17. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Laws only apply to the little people you silly goose!

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

OR deleting the e-mail AFTER she was subpoenaed

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

^^^^^ This.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He said he would punch me if I didn't post this

------------------------------

Either because she conveniently didn't ask, or did, and thought "screw it, I'll do it anyway, it's more convenient for me, and also maybe possibly allegedly a way to avoid FOIA requests." This seems to be kind of a theme with her.

The difference between these two cases is that the guy above was an NSA contractor who took classified information he wasn't cleared to handle, while Hillary, who, as Secretary of State, was near the top of the big federal Need To Know list, was sloppy with classified information she otherwise had all legal rights and clearances to deal with.

I'm still of the opinion that what she did wasn't illegal, just really goddamn stupid.

YOU NEVER UNDERSTOOD JK LIKE I DID! :mad:

---------------------------
    --- Post Merged, Oct 19, 2016 ---
    just helping out a buddy........

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

How come only enlisted soldiers were punished for Abu Ghraib?

22. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Were those soldiers maintaining an illegal email server under officer directive? Because that's what happened here.

Clinton ordered someone to set this server up, Clinton is the one who used it to store classified information, and Clinton is the one who destroyed data under subpoena. **** Clinton.

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Why can't Renz post himself?

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oh? Your contractor used an illegal email server?

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

she should be tried for treason.