Halo 2 Stats + Safari RSS = AWESOME.

Discussion in 'Games' started by JDOG_, Apr 30, 2005.

1. JDOG_
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

I can't tell you how cool it is to check out your Halo 2 stats fron Bungie.net with Safari RSS now. You used to have to use their frontend, but now you can just click the RSS button and get something that looks nice & pretty like this:

Attached Files:

2. Solafaa
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I tryed RRS and its kinda cool, thing is i have no idea what i am looking at and what is RRS. Care to explan?

3. JDOG_
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

It's RSS, not RRS & it's basically an easy way to look at information from websites without having to suffer from various layouts from site to site.
    There's more information below & the stats above are tracked gamesites from Halo 2 for XBOX tracked by Bungie.net, the makers of Halo 2.

-----

"RSS is a format for syndicating news and the content of news-like sites, including major news sites like Wired, news-oriented community sites like Slashdot, and personal weblogs. But it's not just for news. Pretty much anything that can be broken down into discrete items can be syndicated via RSS: the "recent changes" page of a wiki, a changelog of CVS checkins, even the revision history of a book. Once information about each item is in RSS format, an RSS-aware program can check the feed for changes and react to the changes in an appropriate way.

RSS-aware programs called news aggregators are popular in the weblogging community. Many weblogs make content available in RSS. A news aggregator can help you keep up with all your favorite weblogs by checking their RSS feeds and displaying new items from each of them."

4. Disco
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Can't wait to try it out!

And can't wait for the leaderboard reset,
    my exams and papers had me out of halo for 4 weeks and now I am trying to destroy my ranking so I can compete again :D

5. JoeUK
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

It looks a lot cleaner than Bungie's site, but all the figures are misaligned. :(