Hamas and Israel broker ceasefire

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Eraserhead, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

3. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It's been all over the news here this morning.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

because here we go again,60s,70s,80s,90s,2000,soon 2010, whats new they make peace they break peace new group comes along breaks peace then makes peace...............etc.:rolleyes:

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll take Hamas to break it within 17 days, Alex.

6. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

But remember they only respond to attacks, kind of like a eye for a eye so if there isnt any attacks from gaza there wont be airstrikes but we all know some moron will shoot of a rocket into israel and then here we go again.

So the religion in the area requires defiance and israels requires a response. Perpetual motion.

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Oh yeah, that's exactly how it works.

9. remmy macrumors 6502a

It only applies in Gaza, so when if someone is killed in the West Bank it will start again.

The Israel response is always excessive, if a rocket is fired by the Palestinians it is not a certainty to harm, although I stress this still should not happen. But the Israel response is to make sure they kill, if its someone innocent, too bad. Then the Palestinians respond again.

10. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I'll try that excuse next time I fire a mortar into my neighbor's yard.

11. remmy macrumors 6502a

Sure then he turns up with a couple of tanks and flattens the house, and your other neighbors just in case they happen to know you or by accident.

Each response is excessive.

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its why Jesus came along otherwise everyone would be eyeless and toothless plus it saves on needless livestock slaughter.:D

Religions and the mindless people who follow them, got to love em.

Perhaps if the jews and muslims followed his ways rather then their ancient books we wouldnt to have hear of this anymore and they would discover peace. Hate is so much easier then love.

13. Eraserhead thread starter macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think Hamas will keep to the terms, I think the Israelis will accuse them of "training" or some such rubbish though...

It only applies to the Gaza Strip though.

14. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Any peace at this time, will be short lived. It's not time yet for the peace deal to come. There is a deal coming, but the person who will broker it,isn't part of it yet. That peace deal, will last for 3.5 years before it is broken by the one to brokered it.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Is that in Revelations? :confused:

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Most of the time it is. However Israel's not guiltless. See the next response.

I believe what Remmy is alluding to is that Israel is easily provoked into a reaction, and then it goes ballistic.

Cease-fires aren't always that cut-and-dried. All it takes it one loose cannon to blow it on either side, and all of a sudden it's over. Nobody ever stops to think, "Gee, it might've been somebody deliberately trying to provoke us into a reaction." They just go with their knee-jerk reaction: hit 'em back hard.

17. Eraserhead thread starter macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I doubt very much that the Egyptians will break it.

They piss off all our governments and lose the tourism revenue.

18. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

For Skunk

Daniel 9:27 - 27: And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The week, represents 7 year period.

When that peace comes, watch for the rebuilding of the temple in Israel. The priest line is already learning how to offer sacrifices, and they are raising red heifers for that purpose. It's not far away.

19. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Is this an extended joke I'm missing here?

(Talking about above post and previous)

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i don't think so, but i hope so.

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It was a small joke, until The Rapture stuck its foot in the door. Now we know why Finalday chose his username...

22. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Wait, wait...Are you suggesting that the solution to violence in the Middle East is to convert everyone to Christianity?

23. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

No, it isn't. You need to have a memory that goes back more than a few weeks to see what's really going on.

It's a subject that's very close to me and one that I'm very passionate about, so I think I'll politely leave it at that. As arguments are likely to happen, as is so often the case with this subject.

EDIT: I've just had a thought; maybe you missed the sarcasm in my previous post? I was actually disagreeing.

24. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm aware of that.

And although I'm not as short-memoried as you may believe, if you want to leave it at that, I'm cool with it.

25. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba