Handbrake only Rips one Episode of Soprano's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dsa420, Mar 7, 2008.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

So after encoding the whole Soprano's set using Handbrake I realized it has only encoded one episode of the 4 that are on the disc. Same applies for Entrourage, any thoughts on how my settings could be wrong?

2. robrose20 macrumors 6502

robrose20

Handbrake allows you to encode each episode individually. You can select the episode and add it to your queue then move on to the next. Make sure you rename the file or it will overwrite the previous rips. Most likely that is the issue.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

This is correct. When you select source and the video files show up in the drop down. It will nab (usually the first) video file it finds. In case of most DVD's it's the ONLY video file it finds. In the case of compilation sets, when you drop down the list you will see all episodes. The episodes are individual files.

I did the above procedure to Star Trek Enterprise and it worked great, set it up, walk away, come back later and "Put that cocktail down"

4. Karstan macrumors member

I just did Star Trek Enterprise too! My husband makes fun of me for loving that show, but I tell you...it's addicting!

Also, I had the same problem when I first started using Handbrake, but I figured out what robrose20 said, and it worked like a charm...now I can watch The Office whenever I want (yay iPod!)

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

LOL that's what I'm doing at work now. I listen to shows and movies. Wife hates it because I can recite a lot of movies and it drives her crazy.

It's worse when I watch a movie once, and recite 30% of it.