handling of 27" iMac, just turn it around from the side?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by desireek, Nov 27, 2014.

1. desireek, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014

desireek macrumors member

Hello.

I have an 27" iMac late 2013.
    I found it a kind of hard to get access behind it to connect usb things.

Today i grabbed it completely in the side on the screen where it`s black and just turned it around on the side so i could watch back where i connect to usb.
    Did it with one hand from the right on the edge of the screen and just push it to the side so the foot slide on the table.

Could handling like this damage the foot or is it ok way to turn it to the side?

Thanks for answers :)

2. roberthallin macrumors member

Unless you're extremely heavy handed you have nothing to worry about. I've turned, moved, accidentally bumped and wiggled my iMac a lot for the past three years and it's still like new.

3. desireek thread starter macrumors member

Good to hear that the foot stand is solid! :)

No, i just take my right hand to the right side of the screen where it`s black all out to the edge and just push it forward and backward so the foot slide to my desktop to get access to the usb. I just wonder if it could be damage of that kind of handling, because it´s a heavy screen to handle, not need to use a lot of power to push it around but i must use littlebit since my table is not glossy, just a regular wood plate.

Maby is excatly the same if we push the foot stand around or the edge of the screen. It feels solid but i just want to ask about it :)

4. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

I left the portion of plastic that was covering the foot area on so it would slide easier on the desk. I just cut the portion that went up all the the back part of the stand. I guess you took it totally off and have discarded it though.