Hannity makes strange Timothy McVeigh remark, gets cheers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MyDesktopBroke, Apr 2, 2010.

1. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

So Sean Hannity either called the gathered tea partiers at convention "Timothy McVeigh wannabes" or was mocking what he saw as the left's over reaction to reports of violence allegedly connected to right wing groups.

Either way, the crowd starts to cheer as soon as they are compared to McVeigh

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I watched the clip. I'm not sure why Hannity brought up McVeigh but I thought the cheers started when he mentioned "tea party," and people were already cheering when he mentioned Tim McVeigh. Either way you look at it, its stupid.

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yes, he mention the tea party or called them tea partiers, then the cheers started, and then he mentioned McVeigh. It would seem his enthusiasm got the better of him. Yet, he is essentially expressing affinity for the worst American terrorist in history. Mr. Hannity, any cred you might have once had is now out the window.

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

That would be Bush two surely.

5. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I would qualify with "domestic" terrorist, but even then…

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

He refered to them as "Timothy McVeigh wannabes" becuase thats what the leftist media started refering to the people who would go to the town halls and protest.

He wasent calling them "Timothy McVeigh wannabes" he was poking fun at the leftist media and wondering how they can call of of these normal ever day people someone has horrible as a guy who bombed a federal building and killed all of those people.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Either way everyone involved in that clip comes off like a moron.