Happy 1 Year Anniversary/ 1st Birthday, Persephone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steve.P.JobsFan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

While it not being until Friday, February 3rd, 2012 marks the one year anniversary of me owning an iPhone 4! Let me blow the dust off the book, and crack it open....

Once upon a time, it was a cold January afternoon in Northwestern Ohio. It was around 10 degrees, snowing like a mother, there was a windchill that gave you goosebumps, and the sidewalks had 3 inches of ice on them. I had just been dismissed from classes. I was making the short one block walk from my school to my home, and I ran into a problem.. My current phone, the Samsung SCH-U820 "Reality" on Verizon was having the same trouble that had happened every day for the past 3 weeks. It was locking up, restarting for no reason, and took 10 minutes to place a call. [​IMG]

I had made it home, to find my phone crippled. I reset it to factory settings, and was good. I logged onto MacRumors, and my jaw dropped. I made a squeal of joy, and cried. Tim Cook had annnouced in New York at Verizon's media event, that the iPhone 4 would be available on Verizon Wireless February 10th, with pre-orders beginning February 3rd. [​IMG]

The next 3 weeks and 3 days were TOUGH. Then, the day arrived. February 3rd, 2011. I woke up at 4:30 AM, and immediately walked downstairs to my Grandfather. He was being nice enough to buy it for me as a gift. We walked over to my iMac, and opened Safari, and I typed in "http://apple.com/iphone", and clicked on the big fat "PRE-ORDER NOW" button. I asked him for the appropriate information for the Verizon account, (I'm on a Family SharePlan with him), and I chose my plan. (1400 Minutes, Unlimited Texting, and Unlimited 3G Data). I added AppleCare, and a blue Apple Bumper to the cart, and hit the big fat "CHECKOUT NOW" button. I logged into my Apple ID, then I was met with a payment page. I had it shipped to me, but billed to him and his shiny gold MasterCard with that scrumptious $10,000 limit. I was shaking, had a grin on my face like a baby with a big fat lollipop, and I hit the big fat "Continue" button, and faced a "Please wait while we process your order" page. I sat there for 30 minutes. Then, TAAAAA DAAAAAA! "Congratulations! You've successfully placed your Pre-Order for the iPhone for on Verizon, and your order. I ran around laughing, and screaming. I was excited! The next week was INTENSE. Then, on February 10th, while at school, I felt a stomach-ache. They sent me home. To my surprise, while walking up the alley, a FedEx truck drove by me, and stopped, to no surprise, at my door. My grandpa signed, and I walked it, and explained to him why I was at home at 10 AM, instead of 2:20 PM. He told me to sleep. Instead, I grabbed my knife, slit open the box, and darn near had a nerdgasm. I smelled that fresh plastic cellophane from China scent, and moaned. I was in GEEK HEAVEN. My first EVER iOS device. I ran with iPhone 4 box in hand upstairs, and queued up the opening song from 2001: A Space Odessy and slit the plastic, and slowly opened the box. when I saw it, I was amazed at the work of art Jobs had done. I slowly removed the plastic, and had another nerdgasm. I was in love. So, ever since February 3rd, 2011, (although I didn't receive the phone until February 10th, 2011), I've been an iOS and iPhone user.

It's been a great run. The best device I've EVER owned. I can't wait until June 26th, 2012 (4 days before my birthday!), when my contract expires, and I buy myself the iPhone 5! iOS changed my technology life, then iOS 5 and iCloud changed my ENTIRE life. Without my iPhone, I'd be lost. I can't even go 5 minutes without it.

I'm in love with :apple: and Persephone, my iPhone 4!

Apple, you've changed my life, in a good way, too! Thank you!

Your friend,

William G. Hummel

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Lost me after the first paragraph, but ummm...way to go?!?

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC