happy 4/20 fellow mac users

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
indeed, happy 4/20!

If only i were at home at 4:20 this afternoon, but no, this year I'll have to celebrate an hour late.

My nickname has 4:20 in it. hehe.

how long before someone brings up the whole hitler's b-day thing? oops, i just did. stupid hitler, always screwing things up.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
rainman::|:| said:
indeed, happy 4/20!

If only i were at home at 4:20 this afternoon, but no, this year I'll have to celebrate an hour late.
Don't think of it as an hour late, think of it as celebrating in a different time zone.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Somebody came to school today so obviously stoned. Miracle he wasn't expelled, that's what I would have done if I were the dean. There's a time and a place...

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
420 ruined the experience for me.

Up in BC it's all about quality... Cuz it's all indoor Kush and damnear everyone grows so only a few people actually buy the stuff.... consequently Quality of high was key.

I come down here to SC Ca. and it's about how much you can smoke, not how clean the high is or how well it lets you function.

I could only take so many years of partying with binge smokers.

I've now been clean exactly a year. I plan on staying this way. I can still appreciate the smell of good fresh stash and tell you from the scent, colour, diameter of Cola, sparkliness and texture as much as any somallier can tell you about a given wine from the scent, colour and "legs".

I just have too much to do these days to be lit all the time. For those of you who have no responsibilities: Have fun today and stay safe. I watched a good friend of mine cough himself unconscious on 420 a couple of years ago and have watched the same friend smoke enough to screw up his lungs pretty bad. Moderation in all things... Even Moderation... ;)

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
indeed, happy 4/20!

My nickname has 4:20 in it. hehe.

how long before someone brings up the whole hitler's b-day thing? oops, i just did. stupid hitler, always screwing things up.

Didn't you used to be someone else? Did you change your name like the pope does? Does this mean you're the pope of the cult of mac?

Boy. Can you say "moxie celebrate 4.20 early"

hehe

m

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
apple2991 said:
Yeah, he hurt a lot of people.

Oh. Wait.

hehe. who knows. i mean, he's obviously a problem. coming to school all stoned is bad. but just SMOKING means you're not patriotic, don't support family values, probably are a closet member of al qaeda supporting terrorism, don't believe in jesus and that means you're a bad christian and lastly, probably one of those troublemaking goth kids who's gonna run over a little girl at a wendy's drive through soon enough.....

this was a PSA brought to by the untied state of america.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
wooo! i'm the pope of something!

moxie, don't you remember paulwhannel? ;)

Mischief, I hear you, the stuff around here is so poor it's all about chiefing quantity... my lungs can't take it, and it's too much effort, every day i get closer to quitting, i can feel it. but that won't happen for another year or three! so party on, wayne... and party on garth

(that's the second wayne's world reference i've made in the past day, how sad is that)

(yes, i'm kind of goofy right now, and I'm kind of at work right now, so i guess that makes me a Bad Employee!)

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA

Mischief, I hear you, the stuff around here is so poor it's all about chiefing quantity... my lungs can't take it, and it's too much effort, every day i get closer to quitting, i can feel it. but that won't happen for another year or three! so party on, wayne... and party on garth

(that's the second wayne's world reference i've made in the past day, how sad is that)

(yes, i'm kind of goofy right now, and I'm kind of at work right now, so i guess that makes me a Bad Employee!)
You know, that reefer does horrid things to one's short term. But seriously, how could i forget!? hah

but i thought, in honor of Benedict XVI you changed your screen name. ;)

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Moxiemike said:
hehe. who knows. i mean, he's obviously a problem. coming to school all stoned is bad. but just SMOKING means you're not patriotic, don't support family values, probably are a closet member of al qaeda supporting terrorism, don't believe in jesus and that means you're a bad christian and lastly, probably one of those troublemaking goth kids who's gonna run over a little girl at a wendy's drive through soon enough.....
and then let you younger sibbling drown in a pool because you were out getting stoned (which is totaly arbitrary and doesn't make any sense at all)

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca

Out your way it's more hemp than Ganja. Up in BC it's Hash with roots. :p :D

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
FistfulofAngst said:
cake for the kids, brownies for the adults? ;) ;)
Naw, man. It's been years. And besides, now that the company I work for has been acquired by a publicly traded comglomerate that has a strict "zero tolerance" policy, it's not worth the risk anyway.

Mmmmm...brownies. :p

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
powermac666 said:
Naw, man. It's been years. And besides, now that the company I work for has been acquired by a publicly traded comglomerate that has a strict "zero tolerance" policy, it's not worth the risk anyway.

Mmmmm...brownies. :p
Yeah. I feel that...

Since my son was born last year I've decided that getting serious involves finding a recession-proof career I can feel good about for the 30 years it'll take for the kid to get stable on his own. After some looking around it became clear that only the emergency-response field held to those parameters as well as paying enough to support a family i this outrageously expensive place.

This meant cutting my hair shorter than shoulder length for the first time in ten years; quitting the Ganja after a lifetime of emmersion and ten years of active smoking; and finally shaving off my beard after four years. I've gone back to school, I'm close to finishing my EMT cert and I feel better about myself than I ever have.

For any of you that are worried about getting married and having kids: There is no better motivator in the world than being truly responsible for other lives. This can be seen in my choice of career changes too... I really like having a purpose...

:cool:

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Wow I almost didn't realise what day it was. He he, can't imagine how that happened. Too bad I'll still be at work at 4:20 today, but I guess I'll just have to start a little later, or maybe a little earlier I do have a lunch hour.

Smoke Weed Every Day!! :D :cool: