Happy Birthday Apple!

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
Is there no one else that remembers what today is, or am I just confused? Apple turned, what, 25 or 26 today... happy birthday!!!

:D

pnw
 

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
420
0
Let's all sing!:D
Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Apple...... Happy birthday to you.
 

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
546
0
Scandinavia
"...when Apple was originally founded as a partnership on april Fools' Day 1976, there were three founders: Woz, Jobs, and a fellow by the name of Ronald Gerald Wayne..."

From Apple Confidential...

Apple is 26 today (but was first incorporated on Jan 3rd 1977)!
 

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
4,556
0
Natick, MA
Does anyone know for how many of those years the Apple deathbed pool has been going??? I remember hearing people claiming that Apple was going under in the late 80's, and all through the 90's. Are they still saying it, or have they finally shut up??

How about starting up a windblows deathwatch??? How long before m$ gives up and closes their doors??? The evil empire that we all know and loathe and could easily live without.

Oh, how much nicer the world would be without Bill Gates in it... :D
 

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
1,281
0
Originally posted by crassusad44
"...when Apple was originally founded as a partnership on april Fools' Day 1976, there were three founders: Woz, Jobs, and a fellow by the name of Ronald Gerald Wayne..."

From Apple Confidential...

Apple is 26 today (but was first incorporated on Jan 3rd 1977)!
ggggrrrrrr.... you JUST beat me to it.
:)
 

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
605
0
California
Happy Birthday... Lets all go out with t-shirts with a nice big apple logo.

By the way whwn's M$'s birthday??? I wanted to know because on that day I will put on a t-shirt with a big BREAK UP MICRO$OFT logo!!! That will be fun :)
 

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
605
0
California
Yeah about a 26th annaversary iMac? That would be cool! :)


Only 4 more years to go until the 30th Anniversary Mac!!
 

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
1,281
0
According to Death Clock, Apple will die on Sunday, March 20, 2061 where as Microsoft will die around 2022 (could not find the day and month that M$ was est.).

The difference is, Apple will "die" to create a new company that deals with a new era... Microsoft will just die.
:)
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
I'm surprised nothing special has been offered. But come to think of it, I don't remember last year Apple doing anything either, at that was their quarter century. Not even a press release, huh?
 

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
605
0
California
Originally posted by madamimadamtimallen
According to Death Clock, Apple will die on Sunday, March 20, 2061 where as Microsoft will die around 2022 (could not find the day and month that M$ was est.).

The difference is, Apple will "die" to create a new company that deals with a new era... Microsoft will just die.
:)
Is this purely sarcasm or is this a hocus pocus thing where you looked into your cyrstal ball(s)? ;)
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
Originally posted by dantec


Is this purely sarcasm or is this a hocus pocus thing where you looked into your cyrstal ball(s)? ;)
Oh, the death clock is a well known, semi-amusing website, where you find the supposed date of your (or other's) death....

On another note... Haven't read Apple Confidential, but does anyone here remember the book by Michael Morris called "The Little Kingdom" about Apple? not quite a recent publication but it gives an *awful* lot of info about the founders' lives, most notably Job's new age hippie blunders...

pnw
 

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
1,281
0
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Any way we can accelerate the demise of m$??? Besides buying Mac systems that is.
Well, the life of a sadist is shorter than that of a pessimist, any way we can make M$ sadistic?
:D
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.