Happy Ending Story!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freeman727, Aug 26, 2012.

1. freeman727 macrumors 6502

I thought I'd share a happy ending story.

We traveled up to Montreal right after July 4. My wife and I left our daughter with her aunt to watch the latest Spiderman movie in the theaters. What a treat, we really get a break from her. Lo and behold when we came back we couldn't find her iPhone. We went back to the theater to check our seats and tore apart our hotel room. No iPhone! Our conclusion is that it must have been a pickpocket! :mad:

Find my iPhone wouldn't work because her phone was turned off to Airplane mode.

Oh, well she's back on my old iPhone 3G :(

Well fast to Sunday 8/19. We get an email notification from iCloud that her phone has been located :eek:

I thought for sure that it was ready to be sold off.

Out of desperation I send the phone a message with our contact information.

The next day I get an e-mail saying that this person had found my wife's phone and that he wanted to send it back. I gladly paid him for shipping for Montreal.

She got the phone back yesterday! :D:D:D

I'm glad for good and honest people out there!!!

2. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

AwesomeSauce!
    That's good to hear, in fact I've found a few mobiles in the past and it gives you such a good feeling when you hand it back to the rightful owner.

I'd have paid them for a drink as well :D

3. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Am I the only one who was thinking this was going to be about something totally different when I saw the title of this thread?

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

OP, congrats!

hahaha

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I was hoping. :p

6. cruisencode macrumors member

Yeah, not the "happy ending" I was hoping for. ;)

7. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

It's nice to read about good things for a change.. They seem very few and far between any more... Glad she got her phone back!

8. BugBytes macrumors regular

It's so nice when you come across people who are actually honest. I found a phone (not an iPhone, but an expensive Android) while shoveling snow in my backyard. Turns out it was still working and we were able to get it back to the owner. I was hoping she was going to reward me with a couple of bucks, but I didn't mind too much when she didn't, because I knew I had done the right thing.

9. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

Wow, how nice. I wonder how many people out there are willing to do that for a total stranger...

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

11. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

Congrats, OP. If only I had the person who took my phone had the same moral code.

I found a Blackberry Torch in an empty restroom at the mall when I was vacationing in Barcelona. I didn't speak any Spanish at all, so I went to the security office and give it to the guards. Hopefully they return it to the owner.