Happy Independence Day

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TonyC28, Jul 4, 2017.

1. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe holiday free of political disagreements.

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

3. TonyC28 thread starter macrumors 65816

TonyC28

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

5. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Have fun with your King, while I create a symphony with Glocks.

"This is a night for Americans!"
    - Bill the Butcher

Attached Files:

6. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

My condolences ;)

7. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

This post has been up for the majority of the day and not one wish back (other than non US). Happy Independence Day! The lack of wishes by citizens exemplifies the demeanor of the daily posters here.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Got a feeling most people are out celebrating freedom I stress of just posting on the interweebs like we are :p
    Some guys on my block got a 2k freedom ticket for having banned fireworks so land of the free my ass

9. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

Happy Independence Day you guys. Despite a common misconception, us Brits are not hurt by this point in history. In fact many here feel we should celebrate it too.

10. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Funny how being a patriot today is the complete opposite of being a patriot during the early days of independence.

Attached Files:

11. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Did you guys read that NPR posted the Declaration of Independence on twitter and a few folks thought they were inciting a revolution?

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We were all out blowing up trashcans with firecrackers, setting Dad's baby pine trees on fire with sparklers parked next to some grasses we were supposed to weed-whack or pull out last month,,,, and trying to keep the Stars and Stripes from getting tangled up in the lilac branches next to the porch. First things first!

Happy Independence Day after. I think I missed the trash pickup. Who knew he'd come around right after a holiday, I thought the whole week's schedule moved a day out if there were any holidays in the front end of a week. Now I get to drive to the landfill. When I meet up with the guy tipping his load I'll berate him for not taking his time off on my terms. :confused: :D :rolleyes: Only in America!!!
    --- Post Merged, Jul 5, 2017 ---

See if you move to the boondocks there are advantages. So many fireworks, so few deputies.

13. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Im all for celebrating independence day but you have to be careful because this holiday surely upsets the America-haters on the left. Its like eeewwwww..... independence? Being self-sufficient? Using miitary power and guns to gain freedom? Must make the SJW's puke out their veggie burgers. :D

14. LordVic macrumors 601

Canada is still waiting for all the republican/Conservatives who also claimed the same when Obama won.

nobody ever really takes those complaints seriously.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I would go but it's COLD up there and I HATE the snow.

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I'm pretty sure Independent America is all everybody there knows regardless of political stance judging by how long ago it came into effect. Can you point to any specific groups or people who hate it or did you make it up?

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

:D I'm going to assume that was a troll post and someone just briefly had hijacked your member ID. :D

Let's see... who on an extended vacation might think to snag your tags while you weren't looking? Renzatic's been really quiet lately, although I think I know what he's been up to. Nothing to do w/ MacRumors.

You know there are lefties who fly the flag and serve in the military, yes? And lefties who catch and eat stuff besides carrots? Lefties who are religious? Lefties who... vote Republican sometimes? (well... maybe that one has finally gone by the boards, it's been getting harder for me for almost 20 years now).

The problem with a free country --for people on either right or left who choose to put undue limits on each others' freedom-- is all those freedoms spilling out everywhere like so much mercury running around a tray when you drop a thermometer. That Constitution of ours, while imperfect, hatched out a pretty good human safeguard by enumerating certain rights and letting states enumerate even more. We could do worse. Far worse. And we will do worse, if we don't stop bashing each other for breathing while of the opposition party.

19. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I don't quite understand your type of craziness patriotism, but I sure admire your blind commitment to it.

You'd also have to deal with our gun laws... but we'd certainly appreciate more authentic Mexican food up here!

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

some of the guns my Canadian friends have posted sure make me jealous :(

21. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well then pack your stuff up in a Taco truck and head north! :p

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Midgets & snow don't mix well [​IMG]

23. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I'll throw in a free emergency signal flag so we can find you in the snowbank. ...Also the entire country is 'legalizing it' in about 10 months time...

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

yeah, I would look like this
    [​IMG]