Happy Thanksgiving, regardless...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BoneDaddy, Nov 24, 2016.

1. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Hey, most of us are Americans and we all gotta get along. Most of us would get along fine, in person, and we all could learn a thing or two from the other.

So I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. If you think Thanksgiving is a negative thing, I wish you a happy day.

So whatever you believe politically, or however you feel about this election, just want to make a peace offering and wish you a great day with your family, or a productive or relaxed day, if you're going to be alone.

Come on in and wish your fellow Macrumors members a great day and leave it at that.

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a GREAT DAY!

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I look forward to doing some stimulating the economy on All Lives Matter Friday.:D

3. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Yes, have a good day everyone! After spending nearly 24 hours awake and prepping, I'm incredibly tired. Time to sleep for 10 hours. Have a good week!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 24, 2016 ---
    Only from the comfort of home. I'll be watching the crazed lunatics attempting to shop on the telly.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Ditto. Wouldn't catch me near retail on Friday.

5. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Ugh, ignorance is bliss. I suppose you are not aware it's not politically correct to celebrate Thanksgiving.

https://brokenmystic.wordpress.com/...washing-of-the-american-history-textbook/amp/

/S

There, I got it out of everyone's system. Now unless your family is literally celebrating the genocide of thousands of Native Americans, I see no issue with the holiday. I'm completely okay saving this discussion for next year :D This year I'm just thankful we don't still live in the 1600's.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

6. BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

I think we're all aware of any "holiday" controversy. My grandfather is full Apache.

Let's look at this as a day where families get together and eat a bunch of delicious food, just because.

Hope everyone enjoys the day, regardless of how anyone sees it.

7. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

We're celebrating the time BEFORE the genocide, can't we just enjoy the real meaning, without SJW's trying to remind us that a bunch of people who are long dead, did some bad **** to a bunch of people we never met.

8. BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

Yes.

Everyone, this is aimed at being a positive, friendly thread to wish each other a good day. If you can't handle "holidays" feel free to leave, but please refrain from "informing" us of any controversial point of views. We are all aware of the many "opinions" and view points.

Let's offer each other peace and well being on a day where most of us will be with our families, or wishing we were.

If you don't like holidays, you can still wish each other peace, well being, and to have a great day.

And stay away from stores tomorrow, so we don't have to make any threads about fellow MR members who've perished under the feet of the greedy. ;P

9. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Good God you are braver than me. There is nothing that I would want to stand in line for on a day like that.

11. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Happy Indigenous People's Day! Happy Thanksgiving Day! Christmas, bleh.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Donald Trump:

No, Trump, he did not.

Do not count my voice in harmony with yours. A voice which traffics in falsehoods. That calls for torture and the commission of crimes against your fellow man. That crudely boasts of assaulting women. That calls for the rounding up and deportation of millions. That turns its back on the suffering of refugees.

That is not my voice. It never shall be. Renounce your evil ways. Atone for the wicked falsehoods that you have uttered. And set yourself anew on a course that is truly worthy of a Republican President.

Then we may begin the work of national reconciliation.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

As we approach Thanksgiving, I want to remind everyone of a Louis CK quote. "The meal isn't over when you're full. The meal is over when you hate yourself." Also - Don't forget to set your scale back 10 lbs!
    And on the snarky side...

I hear next year, Trump will be pardoning only the all white meat turkeys...

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I think you are confusing Thanksgiving with one of the other holidays when families get together.

Politics and US football are the cornerstones for a good Thanksgiving. Nothing is better with a plate of turkey then a side dish of gloating :).

That being said, I also wish yourself and all the other MacRumors denizens a safe and happy Thanksgiving !!!
    Yesterday on the news, President Obama said that he was going to continue pardoning turkeys even after his term is up. Does anyone know who started this tradition of pardoning turkeys ?

15. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

My psychobabling washed up hippie of an uncle is coming over. It'll be a joy.

16. Plutonius, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016

Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

It should hopefully be easy to avoid him. I'll see a few #nevertrump Gary Johnson supporters at Thanksgiving. It should be interesting :).

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

18. BoneDaddy, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016

BoneDaddy thread starter Suspended

BoneDaddy

Ha, sadly I have nobody to debate with, as most of my family is either on the same page, or doesn't pay attention. Can't WAIT to make fun of whoever's teams lose today though!

19. SusanK macrumors 68000

20. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Hey, jkcerda just mailed from his iPhone - wishes PRSI to have safe and happy holidays!

"To absent friends..." Happy t'day to jk and renz as well. Cheers everyone, get home safely.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I may go out on Friday. I need a new iPhone SE.
    Would you mind sending him a message for me?

23. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

A lot of it is just cross-generational hate and self esteem issues.

Most people who "don't celebrate" don't even have married parents or normal family members. Every old peron is a racist or creepy to them. They have no tolerance or respect for people who are different.

Special snowflake intolerance of others masked as righteousness in an attempt to define themselves and their ego as superior to make up for the meaninglessness of their generation who don't have anything new to discover about art or the human condition.

We kinda finished inventing everything in the 90s there is no where left to go but down. These kids will never feel special because there's nothing left for them to achieve.

There is more information on the net that most Homo sapiens can consume.

This is their fragile and desperate attempt to find meaning and SJW identity is an outlet for their pain.

24. SusanK macrumors 68000

LizKat, please tell him hey from me. Thanks:)

25. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Did he say when he might be allowed to come back ?