Happy with President Bush's leadership?

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Are you ? I was just over at Bill Oreilly's home page and he has this as his question for the moment. I had to answer No. He has shown poor leadership and judgement on so many issues it aint funny no more. Iraq,Katrina,Helping the Oil Giants when they are making record profits,Space program, and many more in my view.

Disclaimor............yes i voted Bush the First time. sorry

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
He isn't much of a leader and he's not much good at the rest, either. The only positive thing I see he's done is to manage to broker deals for his business friends and that doesn't help the rest of us or the soldiers who died for an empty reason.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
katchow said:
is there a punch-line to this? ;)
Will this do?
"If one person criticizes [our sheriffs], or says one more thing, including the president of the United States, he will hear from me - one more word about it after this show airs and I - I might likely have to punch him - literally,"

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
"If one person criticizes [our sheriffs], or says one more thing, including the president of the United States, he will hear from me - one more word about it after this show airs and I - I might likely have to punch him - literally"
I'd almost forgotten about Senator Landrieu's threat. Does anyone have the footage of her punching out Ray Nagin after he fired the NOLA police chief?

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
iGary said:
No.

He's a moron, which is backed up by his bumbling, moronic mistakes over the past 5 years.

What he said. Except I wouldn't have used such nice words to describe the bastard :D

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
At the risk of drifting the thread, the current Supreme Court nominee thinks he's the most brilliant man she's ever met.

Which naturally raises the question... are we scared yet?

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
IJ Reilly said:
At the risk of drifting the thread, the current Supreme Court nominee thinks he's the most brilliant man she's ever met.

Beyond my wildest nightmares.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
IJ Reilly said:

You'd think that would call her judgment into question...

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
yg17 said:
What he said. Except I wouldn't have used such nice words to describe the bastard :D
iGary is a Republican, so he's got to be nicer to his guy than the rest of us. ;) Me, I'm an Independent, so I get to criticize everybody! Oh, and Bush sucks.

IJ Reilly said:
I think she's just humoring him. Like when you're talking to a little kid. Or maybe she knows something we don't and it really is an act! :eek: Nah, I'm going with the humoring. I swear I saw her roll her eyes when he was talking. And afterwards she said something like "that's very good Georgie, did you think of that all by yourself?" :p

Otherwise, she'd have to be insane. Or stupid. Or insanely stupid. Agree or disagree with the man, he is not bright.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
i'm sure it's obvious which way this board is going to lean with respect to this issue...

i haven't been happy either, but in all fairness, he has been forced to deal with an awful lot in his two terms in office

(ok... go ahead, flame away)

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
Bush is an overgrown frat boy who's been coasting on his connections (actually, his daddy's) all his life, and is still doing it. The only reason he's in power now is because it not only serves the interests of his puppet masters, but because he was deemed electable via his relationship to his dad and his faux good ol' boy "charm".

Between his native stupidity and the evil intentions of those surrounding him, I'd say no, I'm not happy with his "leadership".

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
scem0 said:
No, it ashames me that he's from Texas.

_Emerson

it shames me that im from the same country as him, and he's my representitive to the rest of the world.

can't say that i was ever happy with him, but thats no big secret

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
PlaceofDis said:
it shames me that im from the same country as him, and he's my representitive to the rest of the world.

'Dis- read the PM I sent you. :) Oh wait- you did.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
PlaceofDis said:

right on. I was never a supporter, and it depresses me to know that people all around the world are basing their opinions of Americans from the Bush administration's actions.

_Emerson