Happy with Space Grey?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacAttackkk, Sep 21, 2013.

1. MacAttackkk macrumors newbie

I waited on line at verizon the morning of launch day only to find out that space grey was the only option (was planning on getting gold :rolleyes:) I didnt want to risk getting out of line and looking elsewhere so i just went with grey. Overall i'm happy with my decision but wondering if the white face would look better with ios7. Also, my last phone (iphone 4s) had a white face and i feel like the black face attracts so much smudge and fingerprints. Im thinking about swapping it out for a silver once there in stock. How much would it be to swap colors at apple store?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

3. Bigdawg4 macrumors regular

I think you have to pay some charge for restocking unless you can find a sympathetic salesperson. I got a space grey as well yesterday at about 0810 and I love it...but Id rather have a black screen rather than white with IOS7 as it is a little to lite for me already and white face would be too much for me.

4. Warcake macrumors regular

I've used iOS 7 with both a black and white iphone 5, and I very much prefer it on the black since it looks too "bright" on the white one. The black gives a bit of contrast. But that's just me

5. gcrr macrumors regular

I feel like the black is a nice contrast with IOS7.

6. KSean macrumors member

I arrived outside the Buchanan Street store in Glasgow at 5:30am, ended up with the 3rd to last 5S, and the only option was space grey 64GB. I was a little disappointed (initially I wanted the white/silver model in 32GB), but the colour has definitely grown on me to the point where I don't think I'll be changing (other than down to 32GB when stock is available).

AFAIK there's no restocking fee if you return within 2 weeks at an Apple store, at least in the UK. It might be different in the US or elsewhere, or with carrier stores.

7. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

What more can I say :D

Attached Files:

8. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Very happy with space gray. I only wish it was offered last year instead of slate.

9. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

returned my space gray today, no restocking fee.

10. pmau macrumors 65816

Can someone please post a photo of the space gray back, where the upper/lower plastic meets the aluminum?

Thanks a lot.

11. KSean macrumors member

12. Spacial macrumors 6502

Space Gray is not a color that I like, but I'm not going to bash it.

Sadly Apple has become consistently inconsistent. Jet Black has been an iPhone color as popular with some of us, as has been white with others.

To suddenly drop black is a big deal unless you don't like the color. But to do so without a word in their typical way just sucks. With plenty of resources adding Space Gray along with Black would have been the thing to do.

Yet Apple loves to prove who's boss, and they've got plenty of shills to stick up for them. They're laughing all the way to the bank.

13. pmau macrumors 65816

14. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i have a white ipad and black iphone and always wondered why everyone would say ios7 was better suited for a white front. it pops so much better on my phone with the black bezel .

15. big samm macrumors 65816

Yup im happy with space grey, but i like my black ip5 color better...

16. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

I don't get why people camp out for product launches. Walked into my local Apple Store a the the Domain for a space grey 5s at 2:00 PM today, and at 2:30 I was already out with my new phone.

17. nikhsub1, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

You probably live somewhere where no one else really wants to be, as it turns out you get lucky with product launches...

And to the OP, you have 30 days to return the phone for a full refund, no questions and no restocking fee. I actually hope that EVERYONE that didn't get the phone they wanted does this... just borrow a new 5s (on Apple's dime) and then when the inventory picks up return it and get the color/size you want. Usually I am against this principle but this launch Apple dropped the ball big time and they deserve to have many many many returns with people doing this. Of course, this is just my opinion :)

18. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I was on the fence prior to launch between silver and space gray.

I was 12th in line. There were no other options at my apple store. They made my mind up for me. I am glad they did because I love it.

I saw silver in the store, but the gray is better.

19. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Love it. When I got my black 5 I said its cool, but I didn't like the fact that it was all black and wanted a silver border and shiny apple....got my wish!

20. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

This should be considered fraud. You entered into a binding contract when you purchased the black iPhone. Don't drive up the costs for the rest of us by abusing Apple's return policy. You bought it, you own it. If people keep doing this, pretty soon there will be a "no returns, no exceptions" policy.

21. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Sorry I side with the other poster. It was Apple's decision to launch without enough white or gold,so they need to deal with the consequences.

Personally, although I wanted a different color other than grey for waiting over 4 hours in line, the color is growing on me. I had a white 3GS, 4, and 4S, so I guess it was time for a change.

22. gentlefury macrumors 68030

The consequences being hundreds of angry nerds raging over the lack of Gold phones...meaning TONS of free advertising from a group that will be mad until they get one and then gloat.

23. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

I live in the ATX. Trust me, there were a lot of people, it's just that the lines moved pretty quickly.

24. oaktree macrumors regular

That's an interesting way to look at it. My take is that THEIR space gray is MY black. From the front, it looks black. I don't turn my phone over to see what color it is, or I use a case which covers the back anyway. When I purchased my yesterday, I asked for black. I refuse to call it space gray, because it's not gray. The same way that the silver is actually a white phone. This drives me crazy.

But I still feel your pain.

25. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I wanted silver/white this time around, but they only had space grey left, which i wasn't sure about from the pictures. But in the flesh I really like it.