Hard restart on multitasking on 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mackingtosh, Oct 26, 2013.

1. mackingtosh macrumors newbie

Hey all, just checking to see if this is a known bug. Not seeing anything online. When I enter into the multitasking view on my 32GB 5S, there are times that my iPhone hard restarts. Any indication of this on other handsets? Something I should make a visit to the store for?

2. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

I've never had this issue. Have you tried restoring your iPhone?

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

That's not a hard reset - a hard reset is something the user does by holding down the home and power button together until the phone restarts.

What you are seeing is it crashing. If this happens frequently, try a hard reset of your phone as mentioned in my first sentence, hold the home and power button down together until the phone restarts.

If the phone continues to crash, then a full restore might be in order.

4. macred macrumors regular

Apples odd way of "multitasking" does create this issue in iOS 7. While it seems to be random and not widely experienced across all devices, it is indeed a problem. At work we deal with this several times per week, on many devices.

Yet I guess that Apple's likely doing their normal "silent" work to create a fix for this. It's just a matter of time. With Apple one can only guess as to what they're addressing vs ignoring at the moment. They're in the enviable position to do what they want, when they want, if they want :)

5. richard371 macrumors 68000

Its the springboard resetting. I have heard it happens with the 5S sometimes.