Hardware Malfunction on iphone 3GS/Hardreset methods do not work

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Jlonzoe, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Jlonzoe macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have been researching for a couple of days on how to get my phone into DFU mode so I can restore it- no luck. What im running on: Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 blackra1n jailbroken and ultrasnow unlocked/using MAC. Right before I was going to sell this phone i did a manual reset of the data and since then it has been stuck on the apple logo. If anyone knows how to fix or is even willing to fix it for me if I sent it to you, please PM me or respond to this thread.
    Thanks Guys!!

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

How to DFU Restore.
    -----------------------------------
    1.) Open iTunes and connect the iPhone.
    2.) Press and HOLD the Home button AND the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
    3.) After the screen turns off, LET GO of the Sleep/Wake button and CONTINUE HOLDING the Home button.
    4.) iTunes will pop up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode. (You can let go of the Home button now.)
    5.) Click 'Restore' to restore your phone to Factory settings.

Your iPhone's screen will be blank after you go into DFU mode, it should not say connect to iTunes or anything else. Also I would disable your Firewall and Anti-virus temporarily while your Restoring.

And you will also loose your Jailbreak and iTunes might force you to upgrade to iOS 4.1. If you want to keep 3.1.2/3.1.3, then you will need to do Shift/Option Restore and locate your ISPW.

3. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Oops, I didn't notice this post was from August. :rolleyes: