hardware or software issue with my AW4? Swiping up from bottom of AW and swiping down doesn't consistently work.

Luba

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
When I swipe up from bottom of AW or swipe down, it doesn't consistently work. I typically turn AW off/on and it fixes the issue. The issue comes up most often after I clean my watch and I want to swipe up to use AW's method of drying out AW speakers (water drop icon) using sound. It seems swiping up is the only way to get to the function, as I haven't been able to find another way to access it.

Do you think it's a hardware issue with AW screen or a software problem? My AW is still under warranty so eventually I should bring it to have an Apple Genius look at it, but I'm hoping I can fix it myself, or it'll fix itself with a watchOS update.

Significant1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2014
In my experience, it helps to disable zoom. I have accessibility shortcut set to enable/disable zoom.

Luba

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
In my experience, it helps to disable zoom. I have accessibility shortcut set to enable/disable zoom.
So disable zoom, but have accessibility shortcut set to zoom? If yes, I’ll try that.
I had zoom enabled, plus had accessibility shortcut set to zoom too.

Significant1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2014
So disable zoom, but have accessibility shortcut set to zoom? If yes, I’ll try that.
I had zoom enabled, plus had accessibility shortcut set to zoom too.
Yes, it is a not a solution, but workaround. It is still an error, which Apple should fix.

Reactions: Luba

Teride

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
I have had a similar issue where I cannot view a notification by swiping down from the top of the screen. It makes no difference what watch face I'm in. The only way to get the watch to respond is restart it. I have the Titanium version. It's really frustrating...