Harriet Again Refuses Subpoena

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Jul 17, 2007.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

From Liars and Crooks

So, the battlelines are being drawn. Perfect. Now this **cough** administration can feel the wrath of a 'Country scorned'. Those of you who are believers, it is time to stand forth. I do not care if you have never written a letter/email to your congressional delegation before. It is time you do so in support of bringing these criminals to justice. Sending an email is a very easy thing to do. It takes virtually no time. Do not be a person of no consequence! If you believe in something, then make a contribution for change.

If you want to make a better Country, do not just come here and post. You have to make your feelings known to those who can make a difference. It is not important to write a Master's thesis. Just a couple lines will do:

Dear Congressman .......

I am alarmed by the administration's actions, which have shown contempt for the Constitution and law of this land. Please support the strongest measures to force testimony per YOUR subpoenas.

Respectfully,

That is all it takes. Believe me, they DO take notice. The last I heard, they consider every letter as 50 votes. The Internet has changed things, but the message still gets through.

Yours In the Struggle

Steve

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Letter written, although I hardly think my guy needs the encouragement.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Harriet? Harriet Nelson?

What in the world will Ozzie think?

4. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

You didn't hear? He's still looking for the Tutti-Fruit ice cream.

5. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Now if that subcommitte was actually an arm of the judicial branch, they might actually have something.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They can still nail her for Contempt of Congress. There is such a thing, don't know if you know that or not. Not that they will. She refused to show up again, so they all made some more idle threats before doing nothing again.

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Are you suggesting that we consolidate our three branches of government down to a more vertically integrated two or one?

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No, he's saying they aren't important and have no power over the executive.

Which is, of course, ridiculous.

(they do still suck though)