Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Pfft, I'm sure they'll just edit it so it looks like the course crashed into him first. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Pfft, I'm sure they'll just edit it so it looks like the course crashed into him. :rolleyes:

WWII training plane. He was the only person on board. since it was engine failure, he was lucky to make it back to the golf course. Right now, condition listed as critical, but stable.

The ATC clip is raw, directly from the tower, as recorded by scanners. Nothing for anyone to edit before release.

BL.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
Glad he's okay.

plane-gif.gif

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Glad he's ok. I'm haven't read any of the articles but it seems like he didn't have a whole lot of altitude to work with.

To get the full effect you can just watch the Indiana Jones movie where he is on the Nazi Blimp and escapes on the biplane mounted under the gondola.

His plane is eventually accidentally shot down by his copilot who fires the machine gun mounted in the back at the tail rudder/vertical stabilizer.

Pic217.png

Last edited:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
He needed surgery after injuring his ankle and pelvis, but is expected to make a complete recovery. (They won't have to freeze him in carbonite.)

He was experienced enough to steer his vintage plane back toward the airport and then land on a flat area of a golf course, and lucky enough to be near some doctors who were playing golf nearby.

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
Glad he's ok. I'm haven't read any of the articles but it seems like he didn't have a whole lot of altitude to work with.

To get the full effect you can just watch the Indiana Jones movie where he is on the Nazi Blimp and escapes on the biplane mounted under the gondola.

His plane is eventually accidentally shot down by his copilot who fires the machine gun mounted in the back at the tail rudder/vertical stabilizer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flXCWdhJnGY

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.