Harris's confrontation with Biden a defining moment for first debates

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://www.yahoo.com/news/harris-confrontation-with-biden-a-defining-moment-for-first-debates-090000956.html
Harris seized on Biden’s mistake, noting that the federal government had stepped in “due to the failure of states to integrate public schools.”

"I was part of the second class to integrate Berkeley, Calif., public schools almost two decades after Brown v. Board of Education,” she exclaimed.

Biden grew even more agitated. "Because your city council made that decision,” he said.

Harris made her point one final time, declaratively, noting that sometimes “the federal government must step in” because "there are moments in history where states fail to preserve the civil rights of our people.”
she nailed him

Biden responded by noting his support for the Voting Rights Act, but then saw that his time was up and trailed off in his answer.

“My time’s up,” he said.
yes Joe it is, and with Harris at the lead it's Trump 2020 :D

Last edited:

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
To say she spanked him is an understatement.

What is funny is that he allowed it to happen when he brought up the idea of working with those Senators. Does he not have anyone in his camp telling him NO!? Or does ho just go off-script all on his own?

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
A large portion of blacks sees right through her BS. She wants to speak on race when it's to her political advantage, but she completely ignores the subject of reparations when asked by the black America. This is why she basically will not get the black vote.

And as a black man, I wasn't offended by Biden's comments. Although I know damn well he's no saint.

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
Biden is the only candidate who can stop Trump.
I agree. But can he get the nomination? He looked weak last night. He really did. Was surprising for someone with his experience.

But with that aside, assuming he can get the nomination, will the ultra progressives show up on election day with Biden as the nominee.

I like Harris as a candidate. She isn't taking $#!^ from anybody, but I think '24 is her year.

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
Biden is the only candidate who can stop Trump.
Of the people on the stage the last two nights, there were at least a half dozen who showed they could do a better job than Biden against Trump. Harris and Buttegieg, in particular, impress me as far more capable of presenting a reasonable and appealing alternative to Trump.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

dogslobber

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2014
Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
Of the people on the stage the last two nights, there were at least a half dozen who showed they could do a better job than Biden against Trump. Harris and Buttegieg, in particular, impress me as far more capable of presenting a reasonable and appealing alternative to Trump.
Those two might have a future but it's not 2020. They might be a stronger candidate than Biden but they can't beat Trump. This election isn't about any other issue than stopping Trump so you don't put out any other candidate than your single insurance policy to that effect. That is Biden.

If Biden loses 2020 then we all lose.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
A large portion of blacks sees right through her BS. She wants to speak on race when it's to her political advantage, but she completely ignores the subject of reparations when asked by the black America. This is why she basically will not get the black vote.

And as a black man, I wasn't offended by Biden's comments. Although I know damn well he's no saint.
Reparations have been paid for fir decades. I lit was under affirmative action....

Reactions: Plutonius

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
Those two might have a future but it's not 2020. They might be a stronger candidate than Biden but they can't beat Trump. This election isn't about any other issue than stopping Trump so you don't put out any other candidate than your single insurance policy to that effect. That is Biden.

Biden looked old and tired last night. I think he’s going to be a terrible candidate head to head with Trump in a general election. The last thing the Democrats should do is nominate someone who makes the old, fat Trump look younger and more energetic by comparison.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
It Speaks volumes if you think you need payment
Which says even more, since that is something I've never said.

You claimed reparations have been paid, which is true for the internment of the Japanese. American Indians have been paid reparations. No reparations have EVER been paid to African Americans. Intentionally mistaking again that Affirmative Action was in anyway reparations, demonstrates an intentional effort to misstate & minimize what reparations actually mean. Just to foster some "how come I can't get that too" narrative that the easily butt hurt real snowflakes like to throw around, all the while purposely ignoring why AA came to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlliFlowers

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
Reparations have been paid for fir decades. I lit was under affirmative action....
You mean what white women used to benefit from the most? o_O
[doublepost=1561778463][/doublepost]
It Speaks volumes if you think you need payment
You feel the same way about the Jewish, Native Americans, and etc? Cause damn near every other group that was wronged got some type of paid reparations.

Reactions: JayMysterio

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
You mean what white women used to benefit from the most? o_O
[doublepost=1561778463][/doublepost]

You feel the same way about the Jewish, Native Americans, and etc? Cause damn near every other group that was wronged got some type of paid reparations.
This is Murika. Everyone has been “wronged” blah blah blah. It’s done and over. Move on

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
North Country (way upstate NY)
Harris is an also ran who'll be gone before the new year so who GAF what she says...

she's as responsible for putting brown people behind bars for stupid as old uncle Joe..Neither are fit to be president..Harris can choke on her outrage the same as Joe can choke on diversity anything

The oldster and the prosecutor need to go

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011

Then you need to send a memo out because none of the other leading candidates knows that. Instead they are trying to go as far left as possible to keep the "woke" crowd engaged, which as you have surmised leads to a Trump win.

But you also have to keep Biden from heading left as well. There is a huge base of voters in the middle for him if he can just not be crazy.

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
It's always been my observation, that it's much easier for some to get over the wrongs done to others.
Ok, so here is my question.

My father's family wasn't even in the USA until the 1920's. So why should his family have to pay as they didn't own slaves.

Second, my mom's family had 3 members fight for the union with one losing his life. Isn't that payment enough?

Third, today are the families of those brought over as slaves better off than they would have been had slave ships never crossed the ocean?
[doublepost=1561825351][/doublepost]
Why should I pay for the wrong done to others?
And not by you. Or probably anyone in your family history.

retta283

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2018
Kingman, AZ
I still think Biden has the most common appeal, even if he isn't the best candidate.

The reparations issue is stupid. People that weren't alive then paying for something they had no involvement in. And the blacks alive now have never been slaves. Trying to force people to pay for something that happened before Germany was even a country is absurd.
[doublepost=1561825569][/doublepost]
Ok, so here is my question.

My father's family wasn't even in the USA until the 1920's. So why should his family have to pay as they didn't own slaves.

Second, my mom's family had 3 members fight for the union with one losing his life. Isn't that payment enough?

Third, today are the families of those brought over as slaves better off than they would have been had slave ships never crossed the ocean?
[doublepost=1561825351][/doublepost]

And not by you. Or probably anyone in your family history.
I'm German. My ancestors were hit by mustard gas in the Somme. No way will I pay for something I wasn't involved in. Next they're gonna tax me for being involved in killing all the Jews in the Holocaust, even though my family had left after the Kaiser's abdication...