Harry Potter HBP movie pushed to July 2009

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mrat93, Aug 14, 2008.

1. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

2. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

How positively twuntsy of WB.

At least there's Quantum of Solace to look forward to.

3. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

This is...disturbing. I suppose it's better than them releasing a half-assed product this year.

But if post-production was completed on time....seems like, as the article says, they're just doing this to make a better profit. Can't blame them there. But. Still sucks.

And if they are doing this to HBP, who's to say they wont want to do it to DH? If its fine enough to release normally...

4. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Well another excuse they said was the writers strike which was months ago. Surely they could have announced the delay before releasing that cock-teasing trailer.

They also said DH (both parts) won't be delayed giving us a shorter wait between HBP and DH1.

5. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Yeah I like how they blame the strike. In a sense, the strike merely postponed other movies, clearing the way for HBP to clean house if it was released in the summer. Which it now will be.

They say that now about DH. Wait til the excuses come for that next year :D

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Thankfully the books are much better than the movies could ever be.

Now if Rowling was going to write another Harry Potter book, that would be a shocker! :eek::p

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

/shrug.

not interested in the books or the movies. but i never really understood getting upset about delays. they're usually a good thing in the end.

8. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Oh boy... I don't think my mid-adolescent heart can take any more pain. :D

9. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Makes sense to push it back till mid summer, get the "kids on summer holiday" sales, and to be honest, teaser trailers are often released a long loooonnggg time before the film is going to come out...

The best example I can think of is the teaser trailer for a film called show girls, it was put on apple over a year before it's release and it was just a load of fancy cgi of some dancers, no hint of actors/actresses, because they hadn't been finalized yet :p

10. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

My daughter told me about this last night. She's really bummed about the delay but hopefully it will be worth the wait! :)

11. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I am officially voting for any candidate who makes fixing this huge, glaring error part of their platform. :mad:

12. ChrisA macrumors G4

My opinion is that these movies seem to follow the books closer then any other movie made from a book I've seen. It's like they filmed it chapter by chapter.

I never intended to study this Harry Potter stuff so much but I've got a 9 year old kid. Kids that age will watch the same movie 20 times

13. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

That sucks. I was getting excited when I saw the trailer. Now we have to wait almost a year? :mad:

14. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Prisoner of Azkaban was filmed chapter by chapter? :confused:

The earlier ones more so than the latter ones. They've cut so much from the last three.

15. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

We'll need to put your statement to test for the last book/movie in the series!;)

Btw.... I fully agree with your statement for the series uptill 6th! After that I get a bit confused.....:p

And yeah..... will have to wait to watch Radcliffe's "brilliant" acting for 8 months!:rolleyes:

16. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

17. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

SAY IT! SAY IT!! There's nothing to fear in a name...

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I couldn't agree more. I will say this, a delay of a HP movie hardly speaks to God existing/not existing. ;) Calm down and just continue to watch your "cock-teasing" trailer. Which, on another note, if HP is a cock-tease for you then.... ok never mind, I'm only going to get into trouble. :D

19. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

And that's the problem. Movies that stick too closely to the book will never work well, because books have far more detail and subtlety that can't be captured on film. Movies should be reworked to function for a movie-going audience, not a reading audience.

And then of course, when you do make a movie that works for a movie-going audience, you run into the problem of faithful readers crying foul. Normally truly zealous readers are few and far between, since books are turned into movies long after they are published and adored (Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings for example). Harry Potter is the one exception, and it's paying the price for it.
    I wasn't confused with the 7th book; I knew it wasn't as good. ;) :p :D
    At least he'll be clothed this time! :p:eek:

20. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

I saw the thread title and I thought Harry Potter's been hit by a pitch? And then ProwlingTiger goes on to say, "who's to say they wont want to do it to DH?"

Harry Potter baseball fantasy leagues. that could keep us busy 'til the movie eventually comes out.

21. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

ROFL!!!!!

P.S.: I wont be too sure of that though:p

22. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I feel the LOTRs to be more of copied! The only difference is that they've eliminated chapters by the no.s to reduce the time! But the chapters they did include are ditto!

23. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

You..mean 11 months right?