Harry Reid Calls Benghazi Victims Mother, Crazy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

This article shows Harry Reid recently referring to the mother as crazy. I can imagine the firestorm if a Republican said this. Is there a double standard in what the parties / candidates can say ?

2. samcraig macrumors P6

False argument. All you have to do is google "Sen. Harry Reid Calls Benghazi Mother ‘Crazy’" and you can see that it's getting picked up everywhere.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Harry Reid is an *******. Glad to see him retire. Sadly, that means we'll see that much more of Chuck I Never Saw A TV Camera I Didn't Like Schumer.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

You are referencing the Mother who spoke at the Republican GOP claiming its Hillary's fault her son is dead? I don't know how crazy she is, maybe crazy with grief displaying crazy judgement (so to speak), but she's turned her son's death into a political circus for her 15 min of fame. And btw, I disagree with her. Sure she can blame Hillary, the President, all Democrats for that matter while turning a blind eye to her favored political party. I'm sorry for her loss, but don't respect her judgement or the choice to become a Republican tool.

6. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I never follow links to crazy sites. I'm malware-aware. But, it did finally show up on a slightly more credible site. Here is the quote:

As I read it, he didn't call Mrs. Smith "crazy", he called the argument "crazy", then, immediately re-phrased it as "lack of accuracy". I agree with him-- the argument is "crazy". BTW, in case no one has noticed, "crazy" hasn't necessarily meant mentally ill since before I was born back in the middle of the previous century. Reid is actually attacking "them" (not Mrs. Smith) and their crazy argument. The argument with lack of accuracy. Big Deal. (Not that I particularly like Harry Reid-- but, this whole thing is nonsense.)

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Hey, he is only 78. Doesn't seem that old to me. :eek: But, don't worry, he will be out of your fur before long.

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Pushing 80 is pretty dang old, man. But maybe you're old too. :p

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Here's the full text:

Let's make this clear:

"They had that poor Smith woman come out and say 'Hillary Clinton killed my son.' How crazy." Then he said, "Maybe that's the wrong word. How lack of accuracy," Reid said.

Good grief, people. Reid isn't perfect, definitely better than McConnell's antics on other issues, but still. For all politicians, try to get as much verbiage and in context to prevent this sort of immature circus.

Clinton did not kill her sons. The mother is understandably upset because her sons died while doing their job.

There might be other factors due to chain of command, I've not read up on those and then comes accuracy of MSM or fringe media sources as a general rule (take it with a grain of salt but it's doubtful it's all fabricated lies from the get-go), but those would not possibly be the same thing as Clinton actually killing them with her own hands wielding whatever weapon of choice...!

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Mitch McConnell is worse that Harry Reid, but not by much.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No way, alt-righters took a quote out of context to score political points? I'm shocked.

Then, of course, there's the awkward fact that conservative's current God-King and his surrogates have been going around calling Hillary Clinton mentally unstable, which they will all completely ignore while bashing Reid here.

Pretty obvious that this is a case of severe conservative butt-hurt over having to defend Trump's attacks on the Khan family. But that's none of my Benghazi.

Harry is a fighter, and a vicious one at that. It's no wonder he pisses off the right. They can't stand a liberal who fights back as dirty as they do. His trolling of Mitt Romney was masterful. Without him, there would be no ACA. I've come around to Reid over the years. He's done quite well with the cards he was dealt. I don't think many people could have done better.

13. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

He's right. Her entire "argument" was based entirely off her emotions and not logic or rationality.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It was perfectly fine for the Khans to get up on stage for the DNC though amiright?

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Who are the Khans claiming the GOP killed? ;)

16. Robisan macrumors 6502

Reading this literally I have to ask: Why is it crazy that Harry Reid would call her?

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Hey, there's a raccoon in that tree!

What? Why aren't we talking about the raccoon in the tree. I think he's got a can of herring.

18. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Harry needs to retire. He's said enough dumb **** for one lifetime.

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

In your opinion.

20. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Harry is an idiot with a severe case of foot in mouth disease. He needs to retire.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

In your opinion.

22. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

That's a given. Everything said in PRSI is someone's opinion (including this post) :D.

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yes, yes, and everything I say is a lie. o_O

Not everything is someone else's opinion, though. That's a solid part of the problem with debate and discussion today. Maybe it's always been that way, but it seems like more and more over the last 30 years or so that I can recall, we operate from two (or more) sets of "facts". Just pinning someone down on what the basic facts of the discussion are is a near impossibility; and unless you can agree on some basic facts, there will be no productive discussion.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Isn't this the guy that got the **** kicked out of him by a rubber band in his bathroom?

25. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

He aged quite a bit since the Mafia gave him that whooping.