Harvard Law Student Asks Israeli Official

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Why She’s ‘So Smelly’
Amid climate of discourtesy, HLS dean condemns ‘hateful remarks’ about Jewish leader

“My question is for Tzipi Livni—how is it that you are so smelly?” The student, a male third-year who is also the president of a student organization on campus, added, “It’s regarding your odor—about the odor of Tzipi Livni, very smelly.”
http://observer.com/2016/04/harvard-law-student-asks-israeli-official-why-shes-so-smelly/
dude did apologize.
“I am writing to apologize, as sincerely as I can via this limited form of communication, to anyone who may have felt offended by the comments I made last week. To be very clear, as there seems to be some confusion, I would never, ever, ever call anyone, under any circumstances, a “smelly Jew.”
there are plenty of people who do emit strong odors, calling them out is not "racist".

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
with some it must be their diet, I have seen decently groomed men & women that still leave a stench
This particular guy's issue is his breath. He does dip (which is gross in itself) but he does it so much I think it's rotting away his gum tissue. His breath smells like something crawled up into his mouth and died. I can literally smell it from 6 feet away. I try not to let him talk to customers in person.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Just another entitled college kid who needs a safe space from offensive odors.
Uh don't we all? The knee-jerk reaction seems strong in your post...

I'm not sure if the remarks were hateful; rude maybe, certainly lacking in etiquette and decorum. A--hats will be A--hats.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
This particular guy's issue is his breath. He does dip (which is gross in itself) but he does it so much I think it's rotting away his gum tissue. His breath smells like something crawled up into his mouth and died. I can literally smell it from 6 feet away. I try not to let him talk to customers in person.
could be
Tonsilloliths

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/tonsil-stones-tonsilloliths-treatment-and-prevention
Bad breath . One of the prime indicators of a tonsil stone is exceedingly bad breath, or halitosis, that accompanies a tonsil infection.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
So these are the questions our next generation of leaders are asking, huh?
Well at least they weren't making reference to the size of genitalia like the recent GOP debates. I remember telling older kids to behave better because younger kids would try to emulate them... the same applies here I guess.

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
http://observer.com/2016/04/harvard-law-student-asks-israeli-official-why-shes-so-smelly/
dude did apologize.

there are plenty of people who do emit strong odors, calling them out is not "racist".
The dude must have a very sensitive nose to distinguish someone's smell from a distance. Kind of like the bear in the Dr. Seuss story The Big Brag?

But to me, the whole thing smells like garden-variety anti-semitism. The dude apologized and said that wasn't what he meant. :rolleyes: