Harvard rescinded student acceptance over comments he made when 16 years old

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Follow the entire thread. It’s sickening that anyone would lobby to have a kid blocked from Harvard because of stupid comments they made when they were 16. But let’s be honest, the reason people were lobbying to have Harvard rescind Kyle Kashuv’s acceptance is because of his politics and the fact he supports gun rights. The Parkland kids who pushed for gun control - like David Hogg became media darlings and cultural heros. Harvard would never rescind those acceptances. Disgusting.

https://twitter.com/kylekashuv/status/1140605133346283521?s=21

Attachments

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Yes, I do. If you can’t tell the difference in intent between a white kid using that term and an African American kid using it, I don’t know what to tell you.
oh that is funny as hell.
gazillion kids use the N word every freaking day at schools, looks like "intent" is different to YOU based on the color of their skin.......

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
To be clear, he used the n-word dozens of times in documents and texts shared with a bunch of classmates. And, I find funny the suggestion that it should be dismissed because it happened when he was 16. Most college applicants are barely older than that. Harvard did the right thing here.
How many times do rappers use the n-word in songs? Should we ban those from the marketplace. No it’s the Liberal mob that Harvard bowed to. They don’t care about what he said when he was 16. They don’t like him because of his politics and the fact he supports the 2nd amendment.