Harvard Study shows anti Trump bias from the media.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tshrimp, Jun 1, 2017.

1. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I know this is not a shock to any open minded individual, but there are some who have said that CNN and other media outlets show no bias, and that Trump is full of garbage when he makes that statement. Lets take a look.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/...verage-was-negative-during-first-hundred-days

"CNN has some amazing journalists," Eric Bolling acknowledged. "But they're coming in at 92, 93 percent [negative]."

Another link with more data.

upload_2017-6-1_15-37-46.png

It looks like Fox really is the most fair and balanced. I bet the democrats are surprised that even Fox has reported more negative than positive.

Attached Files:

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

3. samcraig macrumors P6

There's also an anti-trump bias from the majority of american voters.

4. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I doubt to the tune of a 93/7 split like CNN.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

No.

But Trump's Truth lie meter is at least 70%... so...

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

7. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

I'm an open minded individual who believes the Media indeed shows an Anti-Trump bias.... I also believe Trump is full of garbage based on his actions and personality but that has nothing to do with the Media.
    I've thought he was a jerk long before the Election too. I visited Trump Tower once and the sunlight from the window reflected off my glasses onto a table with glassware full of ice and to the golden decorations on the wall. Blinded everyone in that lobby. What kind of animal puts that much shiny crap in one room?

8. niploteksi macrumors regular

Based on the graph, Financial Times seems to be the most correct in their reporting.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

No we have an entire section. PRSI is Trumpland.

10. eatrains macrumors regular

"How dare anyone report something negative about Dear Leader!"

11. jerwin macrumors 65816

The question you should ask yourselves is not whether a news agency is being fair to the President, but whether it is being fair to the truth.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Here is an important qualifier:

And whose fault is that? Mr. Patterson seems to think it's the media's -- this despite the fact that Trump's first 100 days were totally chaotic, filled with lies, blunders, and possible Russian involvement in our election. Patterson seems to have simply drawn the wrong conclusion from his own data. Put the blame where it belongs: on the guy who earned the negative media coverage.

13. Nefilim Suspended

Does the study actually say "biased" or is this the usual garbage?

14. niploteksi macrumors regular

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    https://shorensteincenter.org/news-...il&utm_term=0_10959edeb5-ab6d830a9d-189799085

15. samcraig macrumors P6

16. DanielDD macrumors 6502

Negative / positive press do not show bias.
    The congruence between the real world and negativity / positivity show bias. Two very very different things

17. niploteksi macrumors regular

What can be said is that the people responsible for this report says that it have been hard to find positive things to report about since the first 100 days have been so riddled with missteps.

What they are criticizing is the "MSM" focus on Trumps small mistakes. They should keep their eye on the big issues, to avoid information pollution.

Interesting podcast.

18. DanielDD macrumors 6502

Usual garbage. Just descriptive statistics about the overall tone of press between different media. Some way along the line, someone equated negativity with bias.

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Is the press biased against someone like Charles Manson or Dylan Roof when all of the coverage of them is negative? Sometimes the reality is that people like Trump are doing negative things to earn tryst negative coverage. And before we try to make the study say something it doesn't perhaps we should look at this part.
    I find it interesting that the coverage is this negative even though Trump has been the source of 2/3rds of the sound bytes used.

20. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

good news is his being in the white house proves that polls and graphs are meaningless regardless of how many are posted showing he's a loser and hated, etc. Every jab or hit on him in such a way is Trumped by a LOL that he's POTUS. Even with the news media in 97% hate on Trump mode even prior to him being in office didn't change the outcome either. His being POTUS is a daily middle finger to all of them and proof that results matter.

21. DanielDD macrumors 6502

Pools were correct and events the week before the election drastically increased Trump's chance of winning.
    Regardless, that middle finger attitude is precisely what is driving such negative press. While Trump continues to treat office as a pissing contest, some real issues are at stake and Trump has yet to prove to be able to answer them in a timely and correct manner.

22. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

we'll have to agree to disagree as the media here in the states painted the election as in the bag for her. even watching live one could see the uncertainty on Trump's face as he appeared prepared to take a win or a loss that night.

in regards to his proving anything, he's proving that he's living up to his compaign commitments far more than not and if you don't agree that what has been put forth is more than in a timely manner given it's only been 5 months, then there too we can agree to disagree.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

You know that Trump has been tweeting these polls saying thanks to America despite the fact that they show a failing grade. Pretty sure the # of middle fingers Trump is more than his KFC-grease-soaked ones.

24. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Oh, dear.

So, "balance" is required for to describe the actions, policies and administration of a man who is an incompetent, misogynistic, narcissistic, neurotic, thin-skinned vulgarian who trashes the brand of the United States, guts agencies, insults institutions & intelligence agencies, derides allies, sneers at interlocutors, is borderline illiterate, intellectually lazy, corrupt, runs a dysfunctional and dystopian administration - and to fail to report that is called a "lack of balance"?

Well, yes.

In an autocratic regime, one only reports the positive about The Leader, irrespective of how challenging to one's creative skills that may be.

Well, yes.

An unfortunate distinction, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Agreed.

I am not sure I even understand what you are trying to say with this post.

Fair point.

Agreed.

25. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Well said. It's deliciously killing the haters too.