Has a case ever made you excited about your phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amazingdm, Nov 5, 2011.

1. amazingdm macrumors 6502

Such a strange thing. I've owned a 4 since day 1.. but always bought cheap TPU and silicone cases for the first 6-8 months then tried various otterboxes but was never happy.. then recently I got a "new" iphone through advanced replacement, I wanted to protect it since it was like my new phone. I finally tried a Speck Candyshell (I always liked the appeal of them, don't know why I never got one before).. WOW. After fiddling with stupid silicone parts of otterboxes I was amazed how it just "fit" instantly. And its silicone and plastic part are fused as one. It reminded me of changing faceplates for older Nokias.. it's fun. It also makes the phone much more comfortable to use and solid feeling.

2. PapiFeedsUs macrumors newbie

I agree!!!

I also have enjoyed the splendors of changing the cases to my phone. For me, I thought I'd gone to the limits. I hadn't. Papi gave me an experience beyond limits... pain and pleasure, indivisible. I also thought that at first, that meeting Papi and talking about the new covers for the IPone would make me happy...but let me assure you...It is beyond out mere touch of smell...See, to some, the Apple experience is like an explorer in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others.

God Bless.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Um...how to say this...ah...let's see...

It's a phone case. It's not great education, a cure for cancer, or even a sexy person. See, it's a phone case. A case for a phone. :rolleyes:

Ah...you need to find more fulfillment in your life. Believe me on this - if you get this hot about a phone case, you really must get out more!! :p:rolleyes:

4. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

These cases definitely do fulfill a part of my life. Getting out.. nah

5. macrat macrumors regular

6. RipsMctits macrumors regular

I just got my Defender, and I would say it makes me more excited to USE the phone because I don't have to be as careful with it. I wouldn't say it makes me think of the actual phone any differently though.

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

It's just a case. Get outside more and get some exercise...

8. amazingdm, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011

amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not just a case. It changes the whole form factor. A naked iphone 4 sucks to hold/use. Now it feels great

9. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

So, I take it you people don't get excited when you buy a new shirt that looks nice on you, or you buy a new couch that makes the room feel new... It's the little things in life sometimes... and picking on someone who gets a small thrill from getting a new phone case means YOU need to get a life.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Guys, the OP is just shocked on what he's been missing out on since he's been using the "el cheapo" TPU cases since day one.

Nothing to bash on him for. I kind of feel shocked too when I get a new case. For example, I had a black/gray candyshell that was falling apart so I ordered a new one, but same model, and I was shocked how messed up my old one was compared to me new one. Something like that.

11. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

so if getting a new phone case flips your skirt up, so be it, you are just as shallow. And i'll bet you don't wear skirts.

:apple:

12. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

One has to really pity your life if you don't get joy out of the small things.

13. Epiphron macrumors regular

I have the speck candyshell too, and i'm impressed with its looks and quality as well. however, it feels too think and heavy sometimes..

14. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

I do get joy out of the small things, just not from a piece of plastic.

:apple:

15. jekyoo macrumors 6502

It makes me sad when I see people have an otterbox case. I know people want to protect their phones but there is definitely a limit of how much more protection you're actually getting for such an ugly and bulky case. Everyone has their own taste but I think otterbox cases or cases in general ruin the exterior beauty of the iPhone.

16. brand macrumors 601

brand

Agreed. To each their own, I guess. Some find joy out of small plastic things others don't.

And you can tell us what that limit is?

17. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

I really like my Graft Leverage case......still....:D

18. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

a lot of women do, but they usually prefer the larger plastic things.

19. ninerfan macrumors regular

Love my Speck Candy Shell also. I know exactly what you mean, OP.

Simply makes something near perfect ... Perfect!

20. NoHo macrumors 6502

The otterbox defender actually did this on my 3GS. I had the black 3GS and the white otterbox basically turned the whole phone white and made it seem more durable. I loved it.

The only reason I bought the white iPhone 4S is because I knew I could put the black otterbox defender on it if I felt like I wanted an all-black phone, but unfortunately, the defender for the iPhone 4 leaves a white outline around the edge of the screen so it's impossible to get an all-black phone if you have the white and feel like going black for a bit. :(

21. Brettka7 macrumors regular

I enjoyed going from an Otter Box Defender to a black Apple bumper. But that is because my phone no longer felt like a small brick.

22. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

You're response to these haters made me laugh, it's so perfect. :)

Good for you for standing your ground!

They need to take their own advice.

You've got it right. A good case does make a difference, especially since the glass is so slippery.

Cheers .. :)

23. amazingdm thread starter macrumors 6502

That and fiddling with all the silicone is a pain in the ass

----------

Thank you. Yeah the big reason why I like a case is because of the form factor when using it. The iphone 4 just doesn't feel good.

24. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I found a case that does it for me.;)

Attached Files:

25. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I'll disagree. I love the look and feel of the otterbox, but to each his own. That is why there are many cases.