Has anybody found any good deals on the 3rd Gens?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DUDEMANGUY5, Sep 17, 2010.

1. DUDEMANGUY5 macrumors regular

Ive been searching and thinking about getting a 4th gen 32GB touch (Which I will Get) But i was wondering if anybody has found any good deals on any of the 3rd gen models for cheap (Preferably the 8 gig model). I would like a "3rd" Gen to use as a netbook replacement sort-of (don't ask for my reasoning there) and the 32 gig 4th gen as my main entertainment/media device.

Any Deals?! :cool:

2. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

150$ (refurbished) directly from apple

btw. there is no such a thing like an 8GB 3G

3. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

I don't know what's the price for 8gig, but I got my brand new 3rd gen 32GB just yesterday for 250$. I think it's much better option than to get 4gen (possible defective...) 8GB for 229$. Same speed, same ram, same graphics, 4times the capacity, minus the retina resolution and crappy cameras. It was a good deal for me :)

ps: 8gb 3rd gen is not really a 3rd gen. It's just an old 2nd gen with inferior internals (processor, ram, graphics) to the actual 3rd gen models, which are only the ones with 32 and 64gb capacity.

4. DUDEMANGUY5 thread starter macrumors regular

I realize its not really a third gen, that is why I put the quotes. I call it the "third" gen because of its software included.

5. Abscissa macrumors regular

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

In your original post you said that you wanted it to be a netbook replacement of sorts. With that, keep in mind that the 8GB cannot multitask with iOS 4.x nor be able to take advantage of any of the new 4.x features. That includes bluetooth profiles for keyboards. The 8GB iPod Touch cannot use a BT QWERTY keyboard (unless it is jailbroken and the for-pay BT keyboard driver is purchased)

7. DUDEMANGUY5 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah i realize that, i meant like internet wherever i go that has Wi-Fi by netbook "Replacement"

8. nexus14 macrumors member

you should also be aware that the 3rd gen does not have the same a4 processor as the 4th gen

9. kelving525 macrumors regular

But why would you use a 2G/3G iPod Touch for internet browsing when the 4G has retina display for crisp texts??;)

10. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Yeah I know, but from what I've heared it's not same clocked as iPhone's 4. Besides, it's been proven that in terms of speed 3rd gen is almost as good as 4gen. Same situation as iPhone 3GS vs iPhone 4. The only real changes are cameras and screen.

11. DUDEMANGUY5 thread starter macrumors regular

Less expensive, especially when the new ones just came out

12. Cuz03 macrumors member

I still don't undertake why you can't use your fourth gen cuz if you are worried about space you can get an extra 32gb (64gb) for only $100 more brand new. Rather than a brand new 8gb for 150-200.

13. clibinarius macrumors 6502a

BJ's

I was at BJ's a bit and noticed they're about $100 off the old price. But I don't know if they still have them.

14. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I think the Apple refurb store at $149 is probably the cheapest deal going. Not bad for what you get either.